Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tech News' started by pc747, Dec 9, 2016.
The official trailer shown on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Okay, as a huge Spiderman fan (I collected and read the comics back in the 80s and early 90s), this looks way better than the Andrew Garfield movies. Though I still think the Toby Maguire films really captured the essence of the Spiderman comics (thanks to the director genius Sam Raimi). Here are a few comments:
1. The costume?!? What is that? It looks like a cheap Halloween Spiderman costume. I do like the webbing between the arms and side just like in many of the comics, but other than that it looks terrible.
2. I get they are tying in this to the Marvel Universe movie thing, but is this a Spiderman movie or an Ironman movie? Make up your minds!
3. Where are the other characters? Mary Jane? Harry? Spiderman isn't Spiderman without his friends!
4. I love Marisa Tomei. When I saw her in the trailer I did a fist bump in the air. I have been in love with her since seeing her on the first season of that Lisa Bonet Cosby spinoff in the 80s. BUT AS AUNT MAY!?!? I've never seen Aunt May as anything but a grandmother type. To put the beautiful and sexy Marisa Tomei in that role is WRONG!
5. I will refrain from anymore criticizing of the casting as it will start to delve into the politically incorrect.
tl;dr I will wait for it on Starz.
Does the world really need yet another retelling of the Spiderman saga?
Hmm. Odd. I thought Garfield captured the spirit of the comics perfectly, especially in asm2. He was great at the quick, funny cheesy quips. Best on screen Spider-Man in a standalone by far- but I think this will top that. Garfield was not a good Peter Parker, but a perfect Spider-Man. Opposite can be said for Maguire.
1. This is the most comicbook-accurate suit we've gotten. It has the belt, the web shooters, and the web wings. I like that it looks more realistic.
2. I get what you mean, but I've been too excited for a shared universe with Spider-Man for so many years now to care. I think and hope that Stark is only in the trailer so much to sell more tix. Doubt he'll be huge, but we'll see .
3. I agree. Hopefully they introduce more- maybe Gwen or MJ by the end of this movie, but we'll see. It looks like they're kind of merging Miles Morales with Peter here.
4. Completely agree.
Nothing in this trailer necessarily blew me away, but I am incredibly excited for more. It is a teaser, after all
This version of Spider-man will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well as have a lot of Marvel influence and direction. So yes it is a reboot but similar to BVS we are not going to have another origin story.
Basically this is Spider-man if the same people who brought us Ironman, Captain America, Avengers, etc were to make the movie.
Personally I like the direction they took and cannot wait to see the movie. Marvel for the most part cannot do any wrong in my book as far as movies. Yeah they have put out a few movie that were eh, but their eh is still a good movie (ie Thor the Dark World).