spf from 2.3 to 2.2?

brmk226

Reaction score
i installed 2.3 original leak without root. i than rooted it and everything was going good and than i got jrummys overclock app and my phone froze up went to recovery. if i reboot i go right back to recovery. Do i need to sbf and if i do someone show me how!! thanx

CD95YJ

Reaction score
First off you need 3 things to sbf.

1- the latests Motorola drivers, downloadable from their website. Just do a Google search for Droid x drivers in Google to get to the page.

2- rsdlite (at least 4.8 or higher)

3- the full 2.3.340 sbf file

Both #'s 2&3 are available at mydroidworld.com under the Droid x discussion section, they are in a sticky near the top.

You have to be running windows os on your computer to use rsdlite. Once all these are downloaded to your computer open rsdlite, power on your phone into the bootloader, I believe its the power button and both volume buttons on the gb leak.

Find the ... button on rsdlite, press this to find the sbf file you downloaded. Once the sbf file is displayed on rsdlite and your phone shows as connected hit start, sit back and flash away.

Running running as fast as it can, running running gingerbread man!

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score

1- the latests Motorola drivers, downloadable from their website. Just do a Google search for Droid x drivers in Google to get to the page.

Both #'s 2&3 are available at mydroidworld.com under the Droid x discussion section, they are in a sticky near the top.

You have to be running windows os on your computer to use rsdlite. Once all these are downloaded to your computer open rsdlite, power on your phone into the bootloader, I believe its the power button and both volume buttons on the gb leak.

Find the ... button on rsdlite, press this to find the sbf file you downloaded. Once the sbf file is displayed on rsdlite and your phone shows as connected hit start, sit back and flash away.

thank you so much everything worked i got into recovery(voume down, power, camer buttons) and i was running rsd lite( thru boot camp on my mac) on windows xp but it just NEVER recgonizes my phone. what could i try to do about that?

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

thank you so much everything worked i got into recovery(voume down, power, camer buttons) and i was running rsd lite( thru boot camp on my mac) on windows xp but it just NEVER recgonizes my phone. what could i try to do about that?

in the device id settings switch from auto to first come first serve

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
arite i figured out the problem it was my usb cord. one more question i dont want to use the wrong sbf file which one would it be?

Android 2.2 System Version 2.3.15 (the_gift2)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.320 Full (Happy_Holidays_From_TBH)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 System Only (SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)

i got it from this thread btw "http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/226047-rooolers-guide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html"

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Looks like I'm a bit late but...

arite i figured out the problem it was my usb cord. one more question i dont want to use the wrong sbf file which one would it be?

Android 2.2 System Version 2.3.15 (the_gift2)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.320 Full (Happy_Holidays_From_TBH)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 System Only (SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)

i got it from this thread btw "http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/226047-rooolers-guide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html"

Use the last one... VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01. It has the same name as the one I used :)