Spent a day at Disneyland

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Was there from 8am to midnight (I don't usually do this, but it was for a family function).

I knew I was going to be there all day and that battery life would be an issue. So I charged up 2 of the Chinese batteries I purchased on fleabay and stuck them in my wife's purse.

I unplugged at 6am to get ready and head out for the day. By 6:00pm, my phone was telling me to charge the battery. So I commenced to change batteries and went on my way.

At 1:00am, the cheapo chinese battery still had 60% battery life.

It really wasn't too much of a hassle to carry the extra batteries and there were people with "fruit" phones, a Droid X and a Droid Pro who were all having battery issues.

Mind you, I'm in a 4g city and I was pretty much twittering, facebooking and web browsing in every line.

I suggest anyone who is concerned about battery life try this. The batteries aren't expensive and worth not having to worry about running out of juice.

cnmsales

Reaction score
I just ran two whole days on one charge. Id suggest turning off 4g when not in use. Also rooting and setting a profile in SetCPU to underclock when screen is off and using juice defender will improve batt life greatly.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How does underclocking while the screen is off affect wake up?

cnmsales

Reaction score
As soon as you turn your screen on it brings the cpu back up to normal operations automatically.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
Was there from 8am to midnight (I don't usually do this, but it was for a family function).

I knew I was going to be there all day and that battery life would be an issue. So I charged up 2 of the Chinese batteries I purchased on fleabay and stuck them in my wife's purse.

I unplugged at 6am to get ready and head out for the day. By 6:00pm, my phone was telling me to charge the battery. So I commenced to change batteries and went on my way.

At 1:00am, the cheapo chinese battery still had 60% battery life.

It really wasn't too much of a hassle to carry the extra batteries and there were people with "fruit" phones, a Droid X and a Droid Pro who were all having battery issues.

Mind you, I'm in a 4g city and I was pretty much twittering, facebooking and web browsing in every line.

I suggest anyone who is concerned about battery life try this. The batteries aren't expensive and worth not having to worry about running out of juice.

i purchased 2 cheap batteries for my DX and when installed in the phone, the charger wouldn't charge them and it wouldn't display the battery level on the phone, same thing for these and the TB?

craig8868

Reaction score
I spent last weekend in Disneyland and woke up each by by 7am. By 3:30pm each day I needed to swap batteries. I am using 2 OEM standard batteris. I was prepared but was still hoping to go a little longer on the original charge.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I spent last weekend in Disneyland and woke up each by by 7am. By 3:30pm each day I needed to swap batteries. I am using 2 OEM standard batteris. I was prepared but was still hoping to go a little longer on the original charge.
PLay with the brightness settings. This made a huge difference for me in battery life.