1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPen Text-to-Speech

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 2' started by thehumanbrother, Jun 7, 2013.

1. thehumanbrother

thehumanbrother New Member

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, obviously, and whenever I'm using the SPen to hover over certain items like messages on the default Email app or when I open/close folders on the "desktop" (regardless of wheather I'm using SPen or not), the phone starts reading the Email message or it says that "The folder is open"/"The folder is closed" respectively, and a) the voice is really annoying; b) it can be embarrassing when you're in a public setting.

The phone's settings:
    • the S Pen menu doesn't have anything to do with reading messages or announcing actions outloud (or maybe it does and I missed it)
    • in the Accessibility menu TalkBack is turned off and all the options in it are unchecked
    • Text-to-speech output is the only place where that might help but I can't find anything there to shut my phone up
    • Driving mode is also turned off
    If you can help me out I'd be very grateful!

Many many thanks!
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
Search tags for this page

galaxy note 2 speech to text

galaxy note 2 text to speech

galaxy note synthesized speech

galaxy note text to speech

how to turn on text to speech on a samsung galaxy note 2

samsung galaxy note 2 text to speech

samsung galaxy note text to speech
samsung note 2 text to voice feature
speak text samsung galaxy 2 speech to text