ChevyNexus

Reaction score
BOOM.

a6f963eb-163c-d166.jpg

Sent from Liger Zero's cockpit

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's actually a pretty pedestrian speed for 4G LTE, believe it or not. Hardly worth an entire thread.

EDIT: And I don't mean this as a putdown to the OP. The LTE network is just THAT good.

nateohio

Reaction score
Am I the only one that's gotten speeds in the upper 30's? 10-15 is my normal, matter of fact I start to get pissed if it drops below 10

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
Within Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE service area, Verizon customers with 4G LTE-enabled devices can post status updates and photos, surf the Web, share music, and download files at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks. In real-world, fully loaded network environments, Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE customers in the coverage area should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.

How are you people getting such fast speeds from 4G?

reminon

Reaction score
I only get up to 2.5mbps down on 3g...and 12-54mbps down on 4g. Right now Lte isn't true 4g, 4g technology should be 100mbps or more down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I only get up to 2.5mbps down on 3g...and 12-54mbps down on 4g. Right now Lte isn't true 4g, 4g technology should be 100mbps or more down.

What definition are you going by? From what i've read 100Mbps is the peak rate for 4G, not the minimum rate.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You also need to take into consideration the site that's sending and receiving the data. To me your data connection is like a funnel. A fast connection is a big funnel. While that's fine, if the site is putting out just a weak stream just because it's going into a big funnel doesn't mean it'll come in faster. Or think of it like a freeway; just because the speed limit is 65mph doesn't mean you can drive 65mph any time of the day. During "rush hour" it may be berely double digits.

For example, one of my tests with Speedtest gave 27.63 mbps download and 11.65 mbps upload, but standing in the same location and downloading an app from The Market (not going to call it "Play Store") it's moving closer to 1-2 mbps.

Last edited: