Speed test v. Verizon

tituswife

Reaction score
I can't wrap my non-linear mind around the numbers. On the speedtest.net app, what numbers should I be seeing! My phone is soooo slow! Verizon finally got tired of blaming my phone, and put in a work ticket to check towers where I live.

As always, thank you in advance.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

kparks

Reaction score
I can't wrap my non-linear mind around the numbers. On the speedtest.net app, what numbers should I be seeing! My phone is soooo slow! Verizon finally got tired of blaming my phone, and put in a work ticket to check towers where I live.

As always, thank you in advance.

My tbolt is beyond slow on 4g last 2 times i checked it gimmie 1 sec ill post my last couple test scores

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
My tbolt is beyond slow on 4g last 2 times i checked it gimmie 1 sec ill post my last couple test scores

My last 11 4g speed test get between 2 and 4 mbps one test was 8mbps and one 11mbps all others around 3... average upload was 6 or 7mbps and thoes test were in about a 1 week span.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
In the last week, my speeds were <1 mbps/sec!

kparks

Reaction score
When i first got my phone i was always around 20mbps.

leo67

Reaction score
It's been anywhere from 2-3 mbps for the last 2 months, I was avg. 5-10mbps in the summer
it seems every push they send slowed the phone more

So why are we paying 4G rates for 3G speeds????????????????
I noticed alot more "servers"lately, does it matter wich one? tried a few and basically all the same results
again why are we paying for 4G @ 3G speeds???

DROID11

Reaction score
It's been anywhere from 2-3 mbps for the last 2 months, I was avg. 5-10mbps in the summer
it seems every push they send slowed the phone more

So why are we paying 4G rates for 3G speeds????????????????
I noticed alot more "servers"lately, does it matter wich one? tried a few and basically all the same results
again why are we paying for 4G @ 3G speeds???

4g costs the same as 3g. That's not a valid argument. Idk why you guys have these problems I have 10-11 mbps down average with peeks of 18-20. Try dialling ##778# I forget what has to be changed, but something under a modem setting. Will help out the speeds definitely. If not, root and install a custom radio and you'll be good

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with the shear number of RAZR, Rezound, and Nexus's that were sold over the last 1-2 months.

You thunderbolt owners aren't the only ones using up all the 4g anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
That's why throttling is wrong. They make more and more money, and we suffer!

leo67

Reaction score
4g costs the same as 3g. That's not a valid argument. Idk why you guys have these problems I have 10-11 mbps down average with peeks of 18-20. Try dialling ##778# I forget what has to be changed, but something under a modem setting. Will help out the speeds definitely. If not, root and install a custom radio and you'll be good

Ok.. sorry for the invalid "argument" my rant basically expresses my disgust with the service,, I pay for the advertised 5X faster crap I want the 5X faster crap, don't throttle my **** down W/O any warning....... get it now colombus

DROID11

Reaction score
Ok.. sorry for the invalid "argument" my rant basically expresses my disgust with the service,, I pay for the advertised 5X faster crap I want the 5X faster crap, don't throttle my **** down W/O any warning....... get it now colombus

I live in Columbus too.if you're near polaris you should go to the corporate store there on an off day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

soulshot96

Reaction score
I'm on a nexus and never get below 11 mbps down on 4g. Just thought I'd chime in.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score

Not a valid number.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
It worked when I was rooted. Take it to a store replicate it in front of a rep and you'll get it figured out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Even if I'm not rooted? Can't be done over the phone with CSR?