speed test data usage

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
I have had my GNex for almost a month now and come the 15th the billing cycle should be up for my verizon bill. I checked today and I'm just over 1GB of data!!!!!!!!!!! Thats insane bc I have NEVER gone over 700MB before. I know some of you guys are going to say that I am using my phone more but i dont think so. I think all that usage has come from doing speed tests from the app. Can anyone tell me how much data it uses? And does anyone know a app that can track data usage or how accurate the ICS data usage feedback is in the setting menu. Thanks!

soulshot96

Reaction score
bro I used 2gb of data within 3 hours of getting this phone. You on a data debit or something? Or do you not have unlimited?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

kurumatt

Reaction score
Traffic monitor

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
No I just don't really use it that much and its still easier to get on my pc to do stuff. I don't use Netflix, stream music or anything like that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you use speedtest a lot you'll use a lot more data than you normally would if you're an average user.

In the first few weeks, speedtest was my highest data usage.

OP
T

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
Yea I used it a lot also but I was wondering if Amy knew how much data went through on A average test

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just doing mine now it used 19MB for one test on 4G.

You can check your data by going to settings, data usage, look at your speed test usage, then do a test and subtract the difference.