1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

speed issues on cyanogen

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ucpro, May 5, 2010.

1. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i'm using launcher2, and i have 5 screens(4 with stuff on it). the phone works fine up until i start running various apps like skyfire and music. when i hit home, it goes really slow to the point i can't even wipe between screens for at least 5 secs. i recently did a wipe data/cache after getting rid of jrummies remix because of the same issues.

i swear it only goes super slow when i REALLY need to use the phone for somethin, then i just have to reboot, oh and the task manager doesn't show anything that's taking up a huge amount of space, although i thought we didn't need task managers with this phone
  2. idulfingz

idulfingz New Member

different every week, you would have to ask
    I had some similar issues on more than one rom, ud,bb,and cyanogen. I decided to switch to the helix1 and i havent had any issues since then, i am currently running cyanogen 5.0.6.2 with helix theme and i have ud10 running on my girlfriends. mine is overclocked at 1000 and hers at 9 . I have found that the launchers themselves seem to have more issues than the actual roms and also if you have any profiles set on setcpu, I dont use a taskmanager and recently got rid of the one on my girlfriends because they seem to just take up space and not really effect overall performance, not sure if this helps but i hope so
  3. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i haven't dove into using profiles, i just kept it at around 1000, and just recently bumped it down to 700 because it was killing my battery (it gets down to 50 after 4 hours listening to music over bluetooth..

do u have your helix1 themed, because i just get all my themes off of rom manager
  4. ucpro

ucpro New Member

man u weren't joking, that helix1 is way faster than 2, i wonder why that is
  5. BIGWORM

BIGWORM New Member

I don't know if it's just me, but I use the stock homescreen to solve my speed issues.
  6. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i would use the regular, but i like having the icons on the bottom where i can access them anytime, plus i don't like the pullup app drawer thing too much anymore