1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Speed dial settings

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S5 Discussions' started by desertrat28, Jun 3, 2014.

1. desertrat28

desertrat28 New Member

Having moved from a Motorola DroidX to my new Samsung S5 is a bit of a change, some good, some not so good. I've setup speed dial icons on my main screen, but when accessed, I get presented choices of which phone number I want to dial. Even with only one phone number, I'm required tap again to select the phone number in order to get the phone to call that number. With my DroidX, once I set up the shortcut speed dial on my main screen, all it took was to touch the icon once and the number would be dialed. Any fix to make the S5 work in this manner? Thanks for ideas/input.
  2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My first thought is perhaps it's confirming that this is what you want to do as you could have tapped the icon accidentally. Have you checked the speed dial setting and see if there are any options?
  3. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

4. desertrat28

desertrat28 New Member

Actually I finally figured out the answer to my question for my S5. To get a true one touch speed dial, long press on the home screen, select widgets, page through the screens to locate contacts, select Direct Dial 1x1 by a press and hold, drop on desired screen, select desired contact, done! Now, if someone could help me figure out how to disable the warning that shows up every single time I forward or unforward my phone, that would be awesome.
Search tags for this page

how to set speed dial on galaxy s5

how to set up speed dial for samsung galaxy s4

samsung galaxy s5 auto dial

samsung s5 is there a short cut to speed dial

set speed dial for samsung s5

speed dial on galaxy s5