Speed dial settings

desertrat28

Reaction score
Having moved from a Motorola DroidX to my new Samsung S5 is a bit of a change, some good, some not so good. I've setup speed dial icons on my main screen, but when accessed, I get presented choices of which phone number I want to dial. Even with only one phone number, I'm required tap again to select the phone number in order to get the phone to call that number. With my DroidX, once I set up the shortcut speed dial on my main screen, all it took was to touch the icon once and the number would be dialed. Any fix to make the S5 work in this manner? Thanks for ideas/input.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My first thought is perhaps it's confirming that this is what you want to do as you could have tapped the icon accidentally. Have you checked the speed dial setting and see if there are any options?

OP
D

desertrat28

Reaction score
Actually I finally figured out the answer to my question for my S5. To get a true one touch speed dial, long press on the home screen, select widgets, page through the screens to locate contacts, select Direct Dial 1x1 by a press and hold, drop on desired screen, select desired contact, done! Now, if someone could help me figure out how to disable the warning that shows up every single time I forward or unforward my phone, that would be awesome.