Speech Recognition

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Hi, I normally don't post over here and most likely won't, again, as I am on a DROID RAZR MAXX. For my MAXX, the speech recognition is, for the most part, flawless. It was like that with the stock ROM (Android 2.3.6) and slightly better with the ICS update. My mother has a HTC Thunderbolt, and the speech recognition in comparison is about 50/50. It tends to misinterpret a lot of words.

Is there a way to improve the speech recognition on the Thunderbolt? Is there a better app that can be used?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Josh, you can post over here for your mom any time you want.

Some of the popular ones are skyvi, Assistant by speaktoit, jeannie, vlingo, eva, and voice actions. Wow, that's alot to try and there are tons more but those are the ones I hear the most about. I have no idea which may be better than others for the thunderbolt but other members will have some ideas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Josh, you can post over here for your mom any time you want.
Yeah, I know...but I normally don't need to help her with her phone. That's really what I meant.
Some of the popular ones are skyvi, Assistant by speaktoit, jeannie, vlingo, eva, and voice actions. Wow, that's alot to try and there are tons more but those are the ones I hear the most about. I have no idea which may be better than others for the thunderbolt but other members will have some ideas.
Thanks...I'll wait to see what other Thunderbolt users might have to say. I'm looking for something that pretty much resembles what she already has, but just a better engine. That is, a keyboard with a speech button, but a much better recognition system. I don't want to change the way her Phone looks. You know how some people are with changes in technology...she's no exception there. :blink: