"Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" Tactical RPG

Rotkaeqpchen

Reaction score
Dont understand your useless post but this game will be really good, the first psx port for android, wow?

OP
H

hyperdevbox

Reaction score
Thank you very much, however to be real precise "Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" is not a PSX port but an original PS2 game available on PSP too and ported now on Android :)

td854

Reaction score
Any ETA window on this game? This will be a day 1 buy for me.

td854

Reaction score
Game is out now on the Android Market. Be sure to check it out and support this great dev.

Mayze

Reaction score
$14.46? Too much. Considering there are tons of strategy rpg's for emulators that you can get for free.

Reaction score
oh man, I knew subscribing to this thread would pay off eventually

Downloading now!!

$14 is NOT too much for a quality game, Mayze, and FYI just because you're stealing something doesn't make it free

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
$14.46? Too much. Considering there are tons of strategy rpg's for emulators that you can get for free.

I'm not certain if he's refurring to something that is stolen or not but I will say this: If you ever want to see Android have apps as good as Apple's App Store then you better quit trying to get everything for free and start shelling out some cash. The devs deserve to get paid for their work and further we do not condone any warez. Conversations about warez can lead to an infraction and possible banning.

Mayze

Reaction score
Meh. Gameloft makes better games for less than half the price of this. And FYI it's not stealing if you own the original copy. Which are still way cheaper at your local flea market.

Good luck with sales.

Varking

Reaction score
Meh. Gameloft makes better games for less than half the price of this. And FYI it's not stealing if you own the original copy. Which are still way cheaper at your local flea market.

Good luck with sales.

Gameloft has a game that is worth investing 100+ hours into? Other than Dungeon Hunters I don't really like any of Gamelofts other games. Let's all be honest as well, how many people still own their original NES through PS1 games? Everyone knows they should claim to own a copy but its not believable.

On topic, everyone who has played it has rated it five stars. I hope this sets the trend for other developers to port PS2 games to mobile phones. I would still pay premium for some of the better PS2 RPGs.

Rotkaeqpchen

Reaction score
It is a very good game, maybe the best on the market besides Reckless Racing. BUYING is absolutely worth it if you like games like Final Fantasy Advance ... The soundtrack is awesome!

td854

Reaction score

Good luck with sales.

Gameloft games are pretty much poor clones of PC/console games. I can't even see the comparison. I realize that idea factory isn't an amazing dev by the standards set by actual portable and non-portable systems, but for android it's a big step. I don't think $15 is too much for what is essentially a PSP game but that's just me.

I thank HyperDevBox for porting this over and look forward to what they come up with next.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
While it's true that Android fans should be grateful for in-depth games, I don't think that should have any weight on criticising/praising a game; a game must stand on its merits as a game, nothing else.

To be honest, this was on my "must buy" list until I saw the dismal Amazon and Metacritic reviews of the PSP version...