Specs Outed In New HTC Nexus Sailfish Leaks

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Folks are getting hyped for the release of the iPhone 7, Note 7, and LG V20. I'm over here like when does the Nexus come out?! The next generation of Nexus devices should be here this fall, and until now they have been pretty well hidden and mysterious. Yesterday some leaks hit the web giving us more information regarding the HTC Nexus Sailfish.

The leak comes by way of a build.prop file. In the file we find that the device will feature a 1080p display and qualcomm's latest chipset. The leak specifies the cpu as model number MSM8996 which is the same as the Snapdragon 820, but may also be used for the Snapdragon 821 as well. We also expect the device to feature a 5" display. I don't know about you but I was really hoping for a 2k display. I'm not sure why Google and HTC would settle for a lower res screen. Would you be happy with these specs on your next Nexus device?

via @EvLeaks

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Hell yea a 5" 1080p...! My 5.5 is fine by me but I can palm a basketball but 5 is the magic number! 2k is kinda overkill on a phone, let's be realistic here...

2k just stresses the battery and processor unnecessarily imo. Spec wars need to die and just make a quality product...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hell yea a 5" 1080p...!

It's something I may look at....I still think with teeny tiny bezels 4.7" is ideal.

I still wish my Turbo was smaller, but honestly the cellular and speakerphone are so good I'd be dumb to upgrade. And never really had an issue with the 4G - tether all over the place and it gets the job done. Great battery life.

Hardware wise I have 0 interest in upgrading.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
If only the Sailfish would come with the Marlin battery I would switch from my Nexus 5x on release day. I came from a Droid Maxx DE and loved the battery life, but always wished it was the size of the 2013 Moto X. It seems like you can't have a small screen and a big battery in a manufacturer's eyes.

I want a phone that gets me through a day without worrying how I use it. My Nexus 5x makes it through most days, but is dead at the end of the day.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
A 2K display on a 5" screen? I think that's a waste of energy. The screen quality should be fine. A 5" screen really is the sweet spot for a lot of people. I'm good with up to about a 5.2" screen. Any bigger than that and it's getting too hard to handle with one hand. I'm more worried about the battery than the screen. HTC is notorious for underbatteryizing (look I made a new word) the phone. Radios are another issue. HTC has been OK with radios, but not up to Motorola quality...but then again, who knows about the new Lenotovo phones. Will they be Moto quality or will Lenovo try to go cheap on quality??

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I do miss my Nexus ...even my coworker tells me ..." I've never seen a phone so smooth and fast since that Nexus 6 you were carrying around "...nothing like throwing custom ROM don right .

I'm looking forward to seeing this years candidates

6S PLUS

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, outside of The Apple phone, specs really matter to me. A 2k screen tech is a must for me :-(, maybe if the phone is a few hundred dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk