Specs & More Rumored for LG G3: VZW, AT&T, 2K Display, Water & Dust Proof

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g3-concept.jpg

According to the latest intel on the LG G3, their new flagship coming later this year will include a 2K Display (2,560×1,440 screen resolution). On top of that it appears that it will be water and dust-proof (resistant), just like the Sony Xperia Z2 and the Samsung Galaxy S5. Furthermore, there is speculation that one of the model numbers for the device will be the LG D850 which will be going to AT&T.

In a separate rumor, there is also word that a D851 model will be coming as well as a VS985. The second model number shown is rumored to be heading to Verizon. On top of this intel there is speculation that the phone will have a 5.5-inch display and a 13MP camera.

That's quite a few rumors for LG's next flagship. Which of these are you most looking forward to?

Source: UnWiredView

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This should be one helluva handset is all I have to say

Caesars

Reaction score
Looking good, the G2 was an amazing phone, can't wait to see the new one.

-=Note3=-=Gold5s=-

beeray

Reaction score
My son has a lg g2 and has a lot of problems with the gps. After researching the issue, it appears that it is inheritant of that phone. Do you the problem will be solved with the lg g3?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My son has a lg g2 and has a lot of problems with the gps. After researching the issue, it appears that it is inheritant of that phone. Do you the problem will be solved with the lg g3?
If it is known problem and LG is aware of, lets hope. You never know until the handset is released. >>Usually<< manufacturers will fix known hardware issues with the next iteration of the device, BUT it's one of those things. You just have to wait and see. If your in the market for this handset I'd hold off and wait until it's released and customers get their hands on it. If it's still there, you'll certainly hear about it.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
This will be my next phone if the Z2 doesn't make it to VZW.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Well it just went into phablet territory if it had a 5.5 inch screen. If the screen size is true. At least I won't regret not waiting...I'm going back to a 5 inch screened phone. The note 3 is far to large for me...

Caesars

Reaction score
I honestly think 5 inches is the money spot for a lot of people, of course I can't speak for everyone but 5 inches is perfect.

Note 3 ~ 5s

beeray

Reaction score
If it is known problem and LG is aware of, lets hope. You never know until the handset is released. >>Usually<< manufacturers will fix known hardware issues with the next iteration of the device, BUT it's one of those things. You just have to wait and see. If your in the market for this handset I'd hold off and wait until it's released and customers get their hands on it. If it's still there, you'll certainly hear about it.

Thanks, I always take a wait and see stance when it comes to new phones.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Too big for me. In perfectly happy with my G2 and can see being so for at least another year. As long as they don't abandon updates for it. But judging how long Kitkat is taking I dunno.

As far as GPS issues I have not had any issues with mine.

Tap'd from my LG G2