1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Speaking of Chargers...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Warner, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Warner

Warner New Member

Speaking of chargers...I have a question. I bought the car dock, which has an input for the charger to go into. I have just run a USB cable with the correct ends into my cigarette lighter which has a USB plug in. Is that a BAD idea? Should I get the official Verizon car charger? I'm starting to think YES after I looked at the regular wall charger and see that the output is only 5.1 Volts :icon_eek:

Warner

EDIT: After checking around a little, it seem that most (ALL?) of the cigarette lighter adapters that have USB outputs on them ARE 5 volts for the USB outputs. I just bought an oem charger and car charger set off of Ebay. I read some bad reviews of the dual car/USB charger that I'm using. I'll stop using it as soon as the OEM one arrives.
Search tags for this page
droid input voltage
droid phones dual voltage ask
motorola oem droid car charger input output specs

output voltage for moto x charger

what is voltage input of motorola droid razr