Speakerphone volume

bigdad63

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding the speakerphone volume a little too low? Very clear, but low in volume compared to my D1.

yutzybrian

Reaction score
Yes the speaker volume is my biggest complaint about this phone. I came from a D1 also and it was loud as hell. Now I can barely even hear my music while working

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Everyone said the same thing about the Droid X.....and by everyone I mean ONLY people who apparently came from the world's first boom-box phone: The D1.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Yes the speaker volume is my biggest complaint about this phone. I came from a D1 also and it was loud as hell. Now I can barely even hear my music while working

Dang! This is the first time I have ever wished for a defect. Hopefully some smart /brave soul will figure out a volume hack in the future.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Dang! This is the first time I have ever wished for a defect. Hopefully some smart /brave soul will figure out a volume hack in the future.
Remember when I said that everyone who came from a D1 said it was quiet. All of them also hoped for a volume hack. Don't hold your breath, it never happened on the DX.

MsLaura518

Reaction score
i know this won't help much, but i find that turning the phone so the back is facing you helps a little bit, bc the speaker is on the back of it. Again, doesn't help much, but a little bit.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
i know this won't help much, but i find that turning the phone so the back is facing you helps a little bit, bc the speaker is on the back of it. Again, doesn't help much, but a little bit.
Best thing to do is put one hand behind the speaker to reflect the sound back at you or when you put the phone down make sure not to muffle the "speaker slot".

I also love my Motorola S805 stereo bluetooth headphones.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Remember when I said that everyone who came from a D1 said it was quiet. All of them also hoped for a volume hack. Don't hold your breath, it never happened on the DX.

Don't crush my deluded dream.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score

I 'preciate the help. It's the only thing I miss from the D1.

yutzybrian

Reaction score
I remember hacking my Omnia (Windows Mobile 6.1) through the registry to increase the decibels outputed, so such way to do on Android eh?

Best thing to do is put one hand behind the speaker to reflect the sound back at you or when you put the phone down make sure not to muffle the "speaker slot".

I also love my Motorola S805 stereo bluetooth headphones.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap pair of powered speakers to use at work for mine.

brettd

Reaction score
Is the in call volume on the x2 the same as the original x or louder?

hartzog86

Reaction score
My speakerphone volume is low, so low infact I was sure there was a problem with my phone. I tested side by side with several demo models at the local verizon store and they were all the same. I cant even run the AC on high and hear the directions from the GPS or from the speakerphone in the car.

Is anyone else noticing low speaker volume when using the speakerphone?

Zog

mhwa

Reaction score
I agree it seems to quiet. The strange thing is that if I am having trouble hearing someone, I can always use the handset without fail.