Speakerphone Mic

Maz

Reaction score
When I use my Droid X on speakerphone no one can hear me unless it is 2" from my mouth. IS anyone else having this same problem and if so have a fix for it?

Thank U

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

there are 3 mics on the phone. are you using the same one that is used for the regular voice calls?

i dont seem to have a problem when using the speakerphone

OP
M

Maz

Reaction score
If I just set it on my desk everyone tells me they can not hear me.

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
I have to shout while on speakerphone for people to hear me also.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rickdm

Reaction score
Are you setting the phone face down? I believe the mic on the back is used for speakerphone.

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
Are you setting the phone face down? I believe the mic on the back is used for speakerphone.

If that is the case, That seems like a foolish move on Motorola's part. This phone has 3 microphones on it (Back, Front and Top). It seems the phone could use the tilt sensors to decide which mic to use. A primary use for the speakerphone for me is so I can sit the phone down while doing something else. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of having to lay the phone face down.

rickdm

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I may have been talking out of my ass. I was still thinking I was using my Imagio. I was handed an X to replace my TP2 for work. After 2 days of using the X I had to replace my personal Imagio with another X. I couldn't take WinSlo anymore.

My apologies for the crappy info.:blush: