Speaker volume

razvu

Reaction score
Hi!
Is there a way to improve the volume in a custom ROM, sometime in the (near) future? The old Incredible sounded much louder, what is wrong with the manufacturers, new phones tend to sound softer and softer...It's the second Thunderbolt, first one sounded the same, so it's not defective, just not as loud.
Thanks!

robdec17

Reaction score
wow..I have to keep mine turned down because it too loud sometimes.

cpjr

Reaction score
maybe bad luck....I have to say the TB is far louder than any other phone I have had in a long time.

OP
R

razvu

Reaction score
I did a Google search and other people complained about the same thing. Again, I'm not saying it's bad, just not as good as the DInc. MAybe somebody else can share their experience.

cpjr

Reaction score
I had the Inc a while back, it was loud...but (for me) the TB even beats it, considering both the earpiece and external speaker. That was one complaint I did have with the X though, and even worse while its sitting on a table, speaker used to get extremely muffled.

OP
R

razvu

Reaction score
I guess you might be right, it sounds ok, maybe it was the fact that sometimes it was not very clear...but it might be my ear, I've been having some issues for a couple of weeks, I guess my overall hearing got worse...

DrewB

Reaction score
Have u gone under settings>volume and made sure everything is turned up.

sent from tunda bow

jason6g

Reaction score
if for phone calls, i do wish it was louder. best speaker ive had was my d1, the incredible was a very close 2nd.

for ringtones and notifications, i use audacity to boost the volume, then adjust my envelopes so its not blowing the speaker.

Jeyman

Reaction score
ya I have to say the D1 had a really great speaker. TB is not even close to as good(mine anyways) still use my d1 for pandora when im bumming around the house over my TB

LiquorBox

Reaction score
Hi!
Is there a way to improve the volume in a custom ROM, sometime in the (near) future? The old Incredible sounded much louder, what is wrong with the manufacturers, new phones tend to sound softer and softer...It's the second Thunderbolt, first one sounded the same, so it's not defective, just not as loud.
Thanks!

We're still waiting for someone to get DSP to work. I'm sure that will happen soon but if you can't wait, download the trial version of PlayerPro in the market. It has a nice EQ that definitely helps with the speaker volume.

OP
R

razvu

Reaction score
Thank you, I will give it a try.