speaker quality does matter

patfactorx

Reaction score
Why doesn't ever list speaker quality issue as a factor? My main criticism of the Iphone is that the speaker sounds like a Prius being hugged by a kitten. I love my Droid speaker and listen to all my podcasts without headphones when I'm out in the park.

What's the next phone with a good speaker? I heard the HTC Surround isn't that great actually.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
HTC Surround is practically the only phone that concentrated alot of its effort into its speaker, iirc.

we'll just have to wait and see, but it seems HTC would be the standard for that department

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
supply and demand probably.... when people start demanding better quality speakers, or more importantly, focusing their attention to it in surveys or to the phone salesmen, who, in turn, list that as something consumers are interested in... then the companies will start focusing on it.

my theory is that it just simply isn't as important to the wide majority of people yet. I can't say that's what I focused on when I was looking. After all, most people will simply by a bluetooth stereo head set, or a good set of earbuds/phones and do it that way.

Plus, to me, it's consideration of others... remember the 80's when everyone had boomboxes
istockphoto_9853185-fashion-of-the-1980-s-amp-90-s-with-boombox.jpg
???

I don't necessarily want to listen to you listening to your 2010 version of Axel F, nor do I want to listen to it from EVERYBODY in the park/subway/train/plain/etc

lyam

Reaction score
Hmm my Droid's speaker has sucked since day 1. Especially at low volumes. I probably should have returned it but it's not that big a deal to me. Everything else is flawless.

warrior21

Reaction score
Hmm my Droid's speaker has sucked since day 1. Especially at low volumes. I probably should have returned it but it's not that big a deal to me. Everything else is flawless.

Mine has never been that great either. I never really use it for music so it's not something that really bothers me

lyam

Reaction score
Prius being hugged by a kitten
I can't quite get what this would actually sound like.

quietly purring?

he's right at low volumes you can barely hear anything and it sounds "fuzzy" like a filter is over it.

^^ Yes. That is what my Droid 1 speaker sounds like. I thought it was just me, tbh. I posted a couple of posts when I first got it asking of others had this issue. No one ever really responded.