Speaker phone no one can hear me

ABQNM

Reaction score
Update.

I sbf back to stock.

People can only hear me low though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It is possible that one of your microphones is bad. If an SBF doesn't fix it then it is likely a hardware issue.

Posted wirelessly from the magic handheld forum machine.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
So people can hear me now but I have to speak to the phones backside...if that makes sense

ABQNM

Reaction score
So people can hear me now but I have to speak to the phones backside...if that makes sense

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue. The phone has 3 microphones, one on top, one on bottom front and one on bottom back. They are used for noise cancellation on speaker phone (and stereo audio for video recording). This sounds like one of the mics is bad and you probably need to call Verizon.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Used a can of air ans sprayed all microphones.

It works!!!!!!!

barski

Reaction score
That's good news, but I bet the problem will return.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Your probably right

Lynnette

Reaction score
No one can hear me while on speaker phone.

Any ides?

I have the opposite problem. No one can hear me unless I'm on speaker phone. I have no trouble hearing the other person whether on speaker or not. I received a refurbished phone after going to the Verizon store and having the phone checked out. The refurbished is having the same problem.

I don't want to have to reset everything and have to start over. Any other suggestions?

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Do not spray your microphones with air. Or the back side where the speaker is you will blow em out; literally. If they can hear u talk through the back it seems likely that your front microphone is weak. They would hear u normally cause your mouth is right by the mic but at a distance it seems like its pickup isn't as much. Test out ur front mic at different distances with a voice recording app. See if that's the issue.

Lynnette

Reaction score
Do not spray your microphones with air. Or the back side where the speaker is you will blow em out; literally. If they can hear u talk through the back it seems likely that your front microphone is weak. They would hear u normally cause your mouth is right by the mic but at a distance it seems like its pickup isn't as much. Test out ur front mic at different distances with a voice recording app. See if that's the issue.

I appreciate the info and suggestions, however, doesn't it seem too big a coincidence that the problem occurred not with just one phone but with my refurbished phone as well; the only commonality I see is that this has only happened since the phone's recent gb update. If the mike were not working in the front, why would I then be able to use it to communicate on speakerphone, where I have no problems being heard? Just curious.