Speaker "hissing" on D1 - spans all versions

kr0n

Reaction score
I've noticed this on every version of UD. Whenever I watch a video the external speaker (the one on the back of the phone with a gold cover) sounds like it has the power jacked all the way up no matter what volume I have it on. I can hear the hissing most when I have the sound turned very low. Any idea how to fix this?

edit: It also happens when playing games

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've noticed this on every version of UD. Whenever I watch a video the external speaker (the one on the back of the phone with a gold cover) sounds like it has the power jacked all the way up no matter what volume I have it on. I can hear the hissing most when I have the sound turned very low. Any idea how to fix this?

same thing happened to me on 2.3, im not sure what exactly causes it. the only solution i found was to reboot

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No issue here...been on UD since UD7.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
K

kr0n

Reaction score
No issue here...been on UD since UD7.

DroidForums junkie!!

I can remember this problem as far back as the last few major releases. Even if I have the media volume turned down all the way, it sound like the speaker is still on high. I can compare it to having an ipod attached to your car stereo, with the stereo volume turned way up and the ipod vol set very low. You can hear the higher power flowing to the speakers and making a hiss sound. If that helps describe the issue any better.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had it happen with my iPhone before but don't remember ever having the issue since running UD though.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
K

kr0n

Reaction score

same thing happened to me on 2.3, im not sure what exactly causes it. the only solution i found was to reboot

It worked, thanks for the tip. Never realized a reboot fixed the issue, despite the fact I reboot my phone all the time

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
make sure all the sounds lvls are correct in the settings menu and in whatever app your using. i recommend audiomanager, lets u control every volume lvl seperately. there is a free version and paid version in the market.

MarkY3130

Reaction score
I had thIs issue on UD 2.1. If I never turned the media volume all the way up then I didn't get the hiss. Once I turned it up all the way I would get the hiss at all volume levels and I would have to reboot to stop it. I haven't had the issue in 2.3 or 2.4 though.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Interesting...i had noticed the hissing since 2.1..but i did not notice it in 2.4 initially but now it has started...maybe that is the reason why...time to do a reboot.. & see.

I had thIs issue on UD 2.1. If I never turned the media volume all the way up then I didn't get the hiss. Once I turned it up all the way I would get the hiss at all volume levels and I would have to reboot to stop it. I haven't had the issue in 2.3 or 2.4 though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Kevinmon

Reaction score
My speaker hisses whenever I watch a Youtube video, even with all volume settings muted. Please fix this bug!