SPB Shell 3d ..Oh yea

cpjr

Reaction score
if the reviews are bad then they are inaccurate. Those people might have had some low level phone that could barely run it. The app is amazing....but it just seems to be a beta....needs some improvements for sure. I am not going to pursue a refund as I think it is amazing...but the lack of at least a backup option makes me a bit frusterated.

But again....this app IS AMAZING.
Well I wouldn't claim the reviews are inaccurate simply becuase you enjoy the app.

I wouldnt claim the reviews are ACCURATE just because other people dont :icon_eek:

It works both ways. I for one like the launcher and have had NO issues with it.

cpjr

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong...Im not saying it is or isnt worth $15....I just get annoyed at people who think NOTHING is worth $15 and go by price alone.

I like the launcher, but its all personal opinion.

No screen launcher is worth $15, especially one with many problems. The reviews are bad. I wouldn't risk $4 on app with ratings like that.

Well, thats your personal opinion....which is fine. You dont have to buy it.

makaveliq3

Reaction score
in all honesty 15 dollar is overpriced for what you get compared to LP and ADW. It is very good, probably one of the nicest launchers out of the box. It lacks a lot of tweak style customization that if you're on these board you probably are looking for. I for one did not like that it didn't have it's own settings menu. That kind of irritated me.

Still 15 bucks isn't going to put you into debt if you have a smartphone. If you really want it and are ok with paying the price; it is what it is.

TLDR: Great launcher, not worth the 15 bucks, doesn't mean don't buy it if you really want it though. Worth a try.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
dude I couldn't agree more about the settings menu for itself....that drives me nuts too. I keep wanting to uninstall this and just use LPP but it is just so dang nice to play with....and the unlimited home screens are awesome too.

qman66

Reaction score
The dev is not smart. $15 will turn so many people away. So you sell 20 apps at $15, or 2000 at $5. Not good business.
agreed, but i saw on the market page that it says 10,000-50,000 downloads maybe that counts all the people that refunded it. i dont know. but i cant believe there are that many people out there willing to throw $15 on a launcher that isnt even the best one out there. launcherpro, adw, go launcher are all free. spb must think this is still windows mobile where they were able to get away with these prices since there wasnt much competition.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just deleted a second post in this thread that included torrents. If any additional discussion on torrents is posted this thread will be deleted and infractions may be issued.

Mike

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
The dev is not smart. $15 will turn so many people away. So you sell 20 apps at $15, or 2000 at $5. Not good business.
agreed, but i saw on the market page that it says 10,000-50,000 downloads maybe that counts all the people that refunded it. i dont know. but i cant believe there are that many people out there willing to throw $15 on a launcher that isnt even the best one out there. launcherpro, adw, go launcher are all free. spb must think this is still windows mobile where they were able to get away with these prices since there wasnt much competition.

ok....so most of this is going back to opinion here.....but I am a bit torn when it comes to this being the best launcher or not. I love LPP....trully.....but this is so much more graphically pleasing. I mean everyone who saw it on my phone was like...."dude...what kind of phone is that" 2 actually had D2's so it struck me kinda funny when you are holding the same phone you have and asking what kind of phone it is.

$15 for something that isn't even the best isn't that bad considering Windows OS's for computers are usually in the $300 range or so and look how many bugs and crud they have.

I dunno.....I guess everyone see's their own value in these types of things. I paid $15 for it and it currently is sitting frozen on my phone...thanks TiBu. I will either wait for updates and try once in a while or simply wait to upgrade my phone.

Problem is it isn't my phone. My phone runs this great. It's the lack of options that seriously drives me nuts.

Biggest complaint now....you can't delete any pre configured panels. Like the Pic of the Day panel....I just having it sitting in a undetermined location....what I mean is in the screen where you manage your panels you can pull some down and just leave them sitting....they wont show as homescreens but you can't delete those.....you can only delete the one's that YOU put in......kinda like BLOATWARE!:icon_evil:

qman66

Reaction score

ok....so most of this is going back to opinion here.....but I am a bit torn when it comes to this being the best launcher or not. I love LPP....trully.....but this is so much more graphically pleasing. I mean everyone who saw it on my phone was like...."dude...what kind of phone is that" 2 actually had D2's so it struck me kinda funny when you are holding the same phone you have and asking what kind of phone it is.

$15 for something that isn't even the best isn't that bad considering Windows OS's for computers are usually in the $300 range or so and look how many bugs and crud they have.

I dunno.....I guess everyone see's their own value in these types of things. I paid $15 for it and it currently is sitting frozen on my phone...thanks TiBu. I will either wait for updates and try once in a while or simply wait to upgrade my phone.

Problem is it isn't my phone. My phone runs this great. It's the lack of options that seriously drives me nuts.

Biggest complaint now....you can't delete any pre configured panels. Like the Pic of the Day panel....I just having it sitting in a undetermined location....what I mean is in the screen where you manage your panels you can pull some down and just leave them sitting....they wont show as homescreens but you can't delete those.....you can only delete the one's that YOU put in......kinda like BLOATWARE!:icon_evil:
i was wondering after watching a video of it. how do u access the app drawer?

cpjr

Reaction score

i was wondering after watching a video of it. how do u access the app drawer?

There is a dock button, its just on the right instead of in the middle.

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
SPB Shell 3D - revisited?

The last posts I see on this launcher was in April, and I am thinking SPB has made some updates because a lot of the complaints appear to be resolved. I just downloaded this yesterday, paid the $15, and I do not regret it one bit. There was someone that posted when they downloaded it they couldn't find it in the app drawer so immediately undid it and got a refund. I am not sure how it starts up, but it will not show up in the app drawer. It will set itself up. What a slick launcher. You can get 15 screens and it will label each screen based on the contents or you can manually name the page. It does not auto arrange the widgets, although there is an option in the settings to turn on auto arrange. I can have my Beautiful Weather/Clock widget, so I am happy. Still no live wallpapers, well, at least without a warning it will degrade the response time to use them at your own risk. I am a visual person, so I love this launcher because it gives me the eye candy I like. The apps drawer is cool to when you scroll it - looks like it is wheel.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I bought it, and went back to ADW EX after a day.
Theres not enough customization, even though it looks awesome.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
it does look awesome, and I tried it out (didnt shell out the cash for a market version tho) and i do like it. But the dealbreaker for me is that landscape mode does not support the 3D feature. I use landscape more than anything, mainly because i have a keyboard. Also, as was mentioned it is not very customizable.