SPB Shell 3d ..Oh yea

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
IDK if anyone is aware of this but the long awaited SPB Shell 3d is now available on Android Market. I googled while messing around the Slew of forums that I subscribe to and found this link (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spb.shell3d). I emailed Dev for Droid X compatibility to avoid a refund process and just awaiting a response..Chime in and lmk what ya'll Think..Happy Shellin ya'll
smile.png

I actually Called the Dev and spoke to /him and he did confirm that this works for DX and a refund is available within 15 mins. If you pass the deadline and don't like it, email them and they'll work w/you on refund..This is a great..Am d/lng mine right after I post this:)

Last edited:

afripino

Reaction score
As of right now, I've used it for a full 24 hours and I love it! It certainly beats the stock Blur launcher in terms of speed and customization ability. You can resize the built in SPB widgets and the carousel view is now more informative rather than just being eye candy as it presents text message contents, calendar appointments, world clock data, and flickr pics of the day. Automatic folder naming and the ability to place widgets inside folders is sweet too! It's come a long way from the leaked beta that I tried out.

I haven't had any lag issues whatsoever with my GB Rooted 2.3.3 Droid X, so I'm mostly happy about that. I've tried all of the launchers available (GO, ADW EX, LauncherPro Plus, Launcher7, Zeam, etc.) as I'm a launcher-holic. My girlfriend hates borrowing my phone now because she can't find anything as I'm changing my launcher pretty much on a daily basis. I think she'll be happy now as I think I've found "the one". This is just more professionally done versus the other options out there (think Sense UI vs. GO).

SPB still has a few kinks to work out such as landscape support, live wallpaper support, a freaking weather clock + battery widget (don't these people understand that this is a bare-minimum requirement???), widget placement ANYWHERE rather than auto-aligning, it's own lock screen and notification bar, pressing the carousel button again to get back to your homescreen view, and a settings/preferences menu should be included.

Well, in summary, (I know....<words>) I really like where SPB is heading with this. I was once a naysayer when they claimed they were going OEM only and I was disgusted at the beta leak as it was laggy and seemed unfinished. I was right, it was unfinished, but what we have here with Shell 3D is a finished product with lots of potential. I've been a SPB Mobile Shell user since WM 6.1 and I think I will continue to be for a long time. My Droid X is now VERY happy and I don't regret not having a Thunderbolt, Droid X2, or Bionic just yet. dancedroid

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
This will be the sikkest Launcher for Android IMHO..So far, I cannot put my phone down, so many options, it's unreal..Am sure they'll be adding more features and updates to this and OMG, the sky is the limit for this launcher..I was fiening for MIUI but SPB Shell to the Rescue:)..Expensive app but well Worth it IMHO..Again, enjoy this folks..

turdbogls

Reaction score
i just cant see myself ever buying this if it says at $15. there are too many other options out there that are just as good, if not better for how i use my phone.

FWIW, i am using go launcher ex right now, pair that with simi folder,simi clock, minimalistic text, Beautiful widgets, widgetsoid, and the built in folders, i am just a couple clicks away from anything and everything i could ever want and with only 1 minimalistic home screen.

guest00459

Reaction score
i just cant see myself ever buying this if it says at $15. there are too many other options out there that are just as good, if not better for how i use my phone.

FWIW, i am using go launcher ex right now, pair that with simi folder,simi clock, minimalistic text, Beautiful widgets, widgetsoid, and the built in folders, i am just a couple clicks away from anything and everything i could ever want and with only 1 minimalistic home screen.

My sentiments exactly!

B

afripino

Reaction score
^ I think if you equate time + money....

the amount of time spent downloading and installing those widgets + customization of all of those, you would save $15.00 worth of time using SPB. that, of course, depends on how much you think your time is worth and what kind of look you're going for.

turdbogls

Reaction score
^ I think if you equate time + money....

the amount of time spent downloading and installing those widgets + customization of all of those, you would save $15.00 worth of time using SPB. that, of course, depends on how much you think your time is worth and what kind of look you're going for.
i guess....i had everthing downloaded from before SPB came out, and go launcher came out. to each his own. this may work for some people, and more power to them...it is an impressive launcher. it just aint my cup o' tea.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I tried it out for a few minutes yesterday, i hate that you can't move your icons/widgets around where you want them, and that you can't resize your widgets. That alone was the deal breaker for me, i like having a full screen Twitter and FB page setup like i have on my launcher Pro setup.

Rocko

Reaction score
The dev is not smart. $15 will turn so many people away. So you sell 20 apps at $15, or 2000 at $5. Not good business.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spb shell plus gingerblur is awesome. 15 bucks is steep but hey if a dve had made this for a rom I would have probably donated 10 to 15 bucks.

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Yeah, 15 dollars is a bit steep. I loved spb on my old winmo phones. It was the best thing to run. That was when sense was new and kind of sucked.

I would probably try this at 5 bucks, but I am way to happy with my setup right now to try something new. Maybe after I get bored I will try it. It definitely reminds me of days gone by. Of course this SPB shell is miles ahead of what I had then :)

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
The dev is not smart. $15 will turn so many people away. So you sell 20 apps at $15, or 2000 at $5. Not good business.

Agree w/ya but there's a"refund" if you're unhappy. I recommend to at least try it..If there was no refund option, I would have never tried it no matter how great the reviews are..

wally

Reaction score
just kept saying purchased. wouldnt install. downloaded but disappeared..after a few tries i quick un purchased it. no wanna get stuck with no 15 dollar.
droid with ginger here.