SPB Mobile Shell home replacement app?

kicker8622

Reaction score
I downloaded this app about an hour ago.
Its a nice app, but everytime I reboot my phone, it tells me my version isn't activated.
Is this because I just downloaded the apk from a website for free?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Yes it's a $15 app that you stole by pirating. If you want to stop it from popping up however there's a root app called Droidwall that will stop it from connecting to the Internet. It won't freak out like that, but you also won't get weather updates and the like. Support the dev, buy the app. My gf loves hers.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Nerdcroid

Reaction score
Yes it's a $15 app that you stole by pirating. If you want to stop it from popping up however there's a root app called Droidwall that will stop it from connecting to the Internet. It won't freak out like that, but you also won't get weather updates and the like. Support the dev, buy the app. My gf loves hers.

Does you gf have it on an OF Droid?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Yeah she's got a the Droid 1 running I'd 3.3.1 with the latest RZ kernel. Her purchased copy of SPB runs fantastic on it. She loves showing it off to all her iPhone friends. Haha

Nerdcroid

Reaction score
Lol showing off to iphone users is what root users live for! I've been thinking about buying it but 15 minutes doesn't seem long enough for test driving it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
K

kicker8622

Reaction score
@Angry
That's why I got it for free. Id never pay 15 dollars for any app. I'm way too cheap for that.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I will admit $15 is way way too high, even for a polished 3D launcher like that. $5 is probably too high. I have to admit I got the pirates apk just to try it out for more than 15 minutes. Didn't like it overall.

Also, my gf is a hardcore Android fangirl. She shows off all her different launchers, keyboards, themes (she's on UD after all) and has already converted two friends from iPhone. Lol. SPB Shell is a huge throwback for me coming from a WinMo phone before the OG Droid.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
@Angry
That's why I got it for free. Id never pay 15 dollars for any app. I'm way too cheap for that.

Do I dare ask how u got it for "Free"!!!!!

DROID X , Miracle of TRU Smartphone Science w/DF App!

OP
K

kicker8622

Reaction score
Am I even allowed to post how I did or is it against the rules?

OP
K

kicker8622

Reaction score
Lol stealing is awesome.

Reaction score
I tried out the beta apk for free to test it out, if I liked it I was going to go buy it on the market. But I didn't like it, so I uninstalled.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to xfer my license of it to somebody else if that were possible. I paid for it thinking that I could at least check it out for 15 minutes. I didn't care for it (15 minutes wasn't long enough at all to customize it and see if I actually cared for it) so went to refund it after about 13 minutes or so. Go figure, my market which normally works fine kept giving me a damned "Network Error" message and by the time I finally got in it was too late. I even tried manually uninstalling the apk, because I remember back in the day I tried that with a paid app (deleting the apk using root manager) and it was refunded somehow. Well, no dice here. I forgot I'd paid for the thing and that I had it until I read this thread.

PARick

Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to xfer my license of it to somebody else if that were possible. I paid for it thinking that I could at least check it out for 15 minutes. I didn't care for it (15 minutes wasn't long enough at all to customize it and see if I actually cared for it) so went to refund it after about 13 minutes or so. Go figure, my market which normally works fine kept giving me a damned "Network Error" message and by the time I finally got in it was too late. I even tried manually uninstalling the apk, because I remember back in the day I tried that with a paid app (deleting the apk using root manager) and it was refunded somehow. Well, no dice here. I forgot I'd paid for the thing and that I had it until I read this thread.

I took mine awhile to download, and it didn't work at all on my rooted phone. I emailed the developer with my google order and they promply refunded. It was 5 or 6 hours after I ordered.