SPB 5.0 Finally Coming To Android Soon

Rhino413

Reaction score
HMM i used spb with winmo and well it was nice but it was a battery killer and it was laggy also it never really took over as the main UI it just ran on top like an app that never shut down. Now they may have changed this because android is a better OS than winmo will ever be and it allows full control to outside UI programs. and if this SPB taps into the what is a "sitting beast" of a graphics cpu on most android phones this will change everything because android up to this point has really done nothing to use the dedicated GPU on the higher end android phones.

Rhino413

Reaction score
well i looked at the TAT home website and their little video and I also looked at
the SPB 5.0 video and they are both great. but TAT wins in the 3D department
but their website says they are not offering it to consumers only carriers and phone manufacturers. thats to bad lets hope SPB does not hold out for the same reason. if they offer this as a purchase I would pay 29.95 in a heart beat. I would also buy TAT if they would offer it for sale as well. but for now I will stick with what is around and what has been faithful to the android user base ADW and Launcherpro

Rhino413

Reaction score
Tat was never a fiasco they opted to not sell to the public forum and shoot for a big lump sum deal from the carriers and or manufactures. It is a smart business move. but with the three biggest Android Manufactures making their own UI's I don't see tat being picked up anytime soon but I could be wrong. lets just hope that the SPB mobile shell 5.0 is gpu driven other wise it will be laggy as hell

Nerotoxen

Reaction score
Score! I miss this ui from my old windows phone! Can't wait to see how this performs!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Tat was never a fiasco...

I kinda disagree, their was a lot of rumor and hope that they were going to release on the market (I think even they stated that if enough interest was drawn they'd consider it). Back then, TAT was ALL the buzz.