SPB 5.0 Finally Coming To Android Soon

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

The search for that perfect UI with function and visual appeal is always a hard one, recently I found LauncherPro to be the best, but SPB is trying to say otherwise. SPB recently demoed their software at a Korean show in the UK and what they showed us is so great that I could not attach it to this article. The software that will be released soon is visually amazing, 3D graphics that can contest that of TAT, and functionality that only the best of Android UI's can provide. The final version looks very nice, fast, and smooth but comes with one problem that I could image is important... Battery life. This software looks so visually intense that I fear battery life will be the major loser in the battle.

Personally I am looking forward to the software. I usually get these things before the come, so maybe a video or a review of sorts is in order. I will also try and get some extra copies, so you guys can get a taste of what low batteries really is.

Watch the video,
Spread the word,
News via: Pocketnow

Attachments

• tunacat_3_07dbc320f3f42dd344fff0ee8397b71d.jpg
    tunacat_3_07dbc320f3f42dd344fff0ee8397b71d.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 19,575

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'll give it a shot. I love LauncherPro, even bought the paid version. But new, awesome and functional is always welcome.

Battery life isnt' important to me as I usually have a charger handy at my work desk and at home.

Cornholeo

Reaction score
I too use Launcher Pro paid version. It is really made my phone..my phone. The 3D interface on the SPB looks great and the widgets are what seems most appealing to me. Can't wait to give it a try!dancedroid

pyro6128

Reaction score
Looks like they got Compiz Fusion in Linux working on the Android OS.

thats exactly what i thought. I just recently started messing with Ubuntu and it looks very similar

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I remember the last time a fancy new 3d launcher was mentioned - it was called "TAT Home". Lots of video previews, nothing ever got released. Not to be pessimistic, but the reason LP and ADW are popular is because they EXIST.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember the last time a fancy new 3d launcher was mentioned - it was called "TAT Home". Lots of video previews, nothing ever got released. Not to be pessimistic, but the reason LP and ADW are popular is because they EXIST.
This is very true.... but I'll remain hopeful because I like the look of this one better than TAT :)

dbuglio

Reaction score
I've used mobile shell on my old windows mobile phones, good software for windows mobile, a bit redundant nowadays for android.

The windows mobile version basically copied android's homescreen, mind you this was 2+ years ago.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks hot for when you wanna show off your phone, but I hope its not laggy with all that sweet 3d ans effects... hmmmm

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I was a big fan of Mobile Shell back in my WinMo days. Man, that seems like forever ago!

I question whether it is needed on Android and also what its price point will be. I am pretty happy with LP Plus. I see SPB is still asking $29.99 for WinMo MS 3.5. It's hard to believe I used to pay those kind of prices for WinMo software. That's ain't gonna fly on Android I don't think. Times and expectations have changed so much. Now we pause over spending $2.99.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNO7lL7g6pc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNO7lL7g6pc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Video on You Tube

[video=youtube;CNO7lL7g6pc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNO7lL7g6pc&feature=player_embedded#%21"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNO7lL7g6pc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

tktouch12

Reaction score
this looks so cool. it looks cooler than TAT. I hope it actually comes out

tktouch12

Reaction score