SPB 5.0 Finally Coming To Android Soon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Oct 18, 2010.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

The search for that perfect UI with function and visual appeal is always a hard one, recently I found LauncherPro to be the best, but SPB is trying to say otherwise. SPB recently demoed their software at a Korean show in the UK and what they showed us is so great that I could not attach it to this article. The software that will be released soon is visually amazing, 3D graphics that can contest that of TAT, and functionality that only the best of Android UI's can provide. The final version looks very nice, fast, and smooth but comes with one problem that I could image is important... Battery life. This software looks so visually intense that I fear battery life will be the major loser in the battle.

Personally I am looking forward to the software. I usually get these things before the come, so maybe a video or a review of sorts is in order. I will also try and get some extra copies, so you guys can get a taste of what low batteries really is.

Watch the video,
    Spread the word,
    News via: Pocketnow

Attached Files:

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I'll give it a shot. I love LauncherPro, even bought the paid version. But new, awesome and functional is always welcome.

Battery life isnt' important to me as I usually have a charger handy at my work desk and at home.
  3. Cornholeo

Cornholeo New Member

I too use Launcher Pro paid version. It is really made my phone..my phone. The 3D interface on the SPB looks great and the widgets are what seems most appealing to me. Can't wait to give it a try!dancedroid
  4. sal33n

sal33n New Member

Looks like they got Compiz Fusion in Linux working on the Android OS.
  5. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

thats exactly what i thought. I just recently started messing with Ubuntu and it looks very similar
  6. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I can't wait to give this a try.
  7. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I remember the last time a fancy new 3d launcher was mentioned - it was called "TAT Home". Lots of video previews, nothing ever got released. Not to be pessimistic, but the reason LP and ADW are popular is because they EXIST.
  8. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

This is very true.... but I'll remain hopeful because I like the look of this one better than TAT :)
  9. dbuglio

dbuglio New Member

I've used mobile shell on my old windows mobile phones, good software for windows mobile, a bit redundant nowadays for android.

The windows mobile version basically copied android's homescreen, mind you this was 2+ years ago.
  10. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Looks hot for when you wanna show off your phone, but I hope its not laggy with all that sweet 3d ans effects... hmmmm
  11. Blackhawk55

Blackhawk55 New Member

I was a big fan of Mobile Shell back in my WinMo days. Man, that seems like forever ago!

I question whether it is needed on Android and also what its price point will be. I am pretty happy with LP Plus. I see SPB is still asking $29.99 for WinMo MS 3.5. It's hard to believe I used to pay those kind of prices for WinMo software. That's ain't gonna fly on Android I don't think. Times and expectations have changed so much. Now we pause over spending $2.99.
  12. Meto

Meto Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNO7lL7g6pc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNO7lL7g6pc&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
  13. Meto

Meto Member

Video on You Tube

14. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

this looks so cool. it looks cooler than TAT. I hope it actually comes out
  15. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

I just watched this. HOLY COW!!! i really want this now. the homescreens are awesome. widgets are sooo cool how they are made and changed. folder are so nice how they can be changed and re-arranged. if they can make it all work especially with the 3-d i'll pay anything. the 3-d stuff is so futuristic its awesome.

will this actually get released?
  16. Rhino413

Rhino413 New Member

HMM i used spb with winmo and well it was nice but it was a battery killer and it was laggy also it never really took over as the main UI it just ran on top like an app that never shut down. Now they may have changed this because android is a better OS than winmo will ever be and it allows full control to outside UI programs. and if this SPB taps into the what is a "sitting beast" of a graphics cpu on most android phones this will change everything because android up to this point has really done nothing to use the dedicated GPU on the higher end android phones.
  17. Rhino413

Rhino413 New Member

well i looked at the TAT home website and their little video and I also looked at
    the SPB 5.0 video and they are both great. but TAT wins in the 3D department
    but their website says they are not offering it to consumers only carriers and phone manufacturers. thats to bad lets hope SPB does not hold out for the same reason. if they offer this as a purchase I would pay 29.95 in a heart beat. I would also buy TAT if they would offer it for sale as well. but for now I will stick with what is around and what has been faithful to the android user base ADW and Launcherpro
  18. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

19. Rhino413

Rhino413 New Member

Tat was never a fiasco they opted to not sell to the public forum and shoot for a big lump sum deal from the carriers and or manufactures. It is a smart business move. but with the three biggest Android Manufactures making their own UI's I don't see tat being picked up anytime soon but I could be wrong. lets just hope that the SPB mobile shell 5.0 is gpu driven other wise it will be laggy as hell
  20. Nerotoxen

Nerotoxen New Member

Score! I miss this ui from my old windows phone! Can't wait to see how this performs!
Search tags for this page
compiz android

compiz for android

compiz fusion android

compiz fusion for android

compiz untuk android
spb 5.0 finally
spb apk xda