Spare Wire Hanger? Make a DROID Stand!

bionic4.0

Reaction score
A case with flip out stand legs and a right angle charger might be a safer bet for the air port. Unless you enjoy being delayed buy point less questioning.

edthesped

Reaction score
Thanks for the great idea!! I was a little bored today and thought I'd give it a try, following is my result, I used tig wire instead of a coat hanger though...

DSCN0734.JPG

DSCN0736.JPG

DSCN0738.JPG

DSCN0739.JPG

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
Thanks for the great idea!! I was a little bored today and thought I'd give it a try, following is my result, I used tig wire instead of a coat hanger though...

DSCN0738.JPG

Really nice work, you got the angles right. :)

A little Plasti Dip on the wire would make it grip better and remove the possibility of scratching your Droid. ;)

edthesped

Reaction score

DSCN0738.JPG

Really nice work, you got the angles right. :)

A little Plasti Dip on the wire would make it grip better and remove the possibility of scratching your Droid. ;)

Plasti Dip would be awesome but I don't have any. The main reason I made this is that I switched from a Seidio case to the Otterbox and the phone doesn't fit into the seidio dock anymore so the wire won't scratch the phone. I was thinking shrink wrap from Radio Shack might work nicely too.

ffej89

Reaction score
...and people laugh when i brag about my kickstand :icon_ banana:

davidjr621

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
instructions on how to make this please :) dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

mopar

Reaction score
I made a stand about 3 months ago at work out of scrap metal. I made two of them one powder coated the other is just plain . Both work real well did not think about making one from a clothes hanger looks good.