Spare Battery - On Ebay?

Chewi863

Reaction score
I was in a Verizon corporate store today and bought the car dock and wanted to get the extended battery, but it is at least twice as thick as the original and you need a new and bulky back cover and it no longer will fit in the car dock. I think I'm just going to get a standard OEM replacement battery.

But how will you charge the spare? I ordered a charge with 3 replacement batteries from ebay. I may get an OEM battery and use the charger.

3x BATTERY+DOCK Charger For HTC Thunderbolt 4G VERIZON - eBay (item 330541582074 end time Mar-23-11 03:30:44 PDT)

Pizza33

Reaction score
Say you do get an extra battery, would it harm your phone to take the back cover off 2 times a day to swap battery? Also do you think the USA sellers on eBay are any better than the Chinese ones?? They go for $20 compared to $6 Chinese ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless you're getting a big extended with an extended battery door cover, don't expect a whole lot more battery life. Using a Seidio 1750 (which is reportedly only a 1500 mah by the way, some guy on androidforums tore the wrapper off and googled the serial number) I don't get that much more power than stock. Using an incredible.

Chewi863

Reaction score
Say you do get an extra battery, would it harm your phone to take the back cover off 2 times a day to swap battery? Also do you think the USA sellers on eBay are any better than the Chinese ones?? They go for $20 compared to $6 Chinese ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Considering that the OEM battery in my phone is made in China, why shouldn't I at least see how they do? I mainly wanted the charger, I can get a stock battery. If the cover breaks, I'll get it replaced.