Spam 'Update' Notifications

Telescopist

Reaction score
With increasing frequency, I am getting bombarded with update notifications that seem to cross the line and for are practical purposes are spam. The latest irritating notice is for a 'GMail Label Notifier + Widget' for $0.99. In settings, I have Notifications checked because it makes sense to receive updates for apps that I have downloaded. So, I don't really want to uncheck this box. Is there any way of addressing this issue when you are getting what I would describe as spam notifications?

OP
Telescopist

Telescopist

Reaction score
Very nice suggestion. Installed. We'll see how things go. Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No problem hope it works for you, I have not come across an APP that pushes those ads to my notification bar. If I do however I will definitely use this app to get rid of them.

VALERIE17

Reaction score
Airblocker will tell you what apps have air push that is sending you spam notifications. Just remove the app.

OP
Telescopist

Telescopist

Reaction score
Airblocker will tell you what apps have air push that is sending you spam notifications. Just remove the app.

'Air Push' is an interesting way of describing the behavior. I have installed the app. Google seems to becoming more and more intrusive. Thanks.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
'Air Push' is an interesting way of describing the behavior. I have installed the app. Google seems to becoming more and more intrusive. Thanks.

Understatement, I expect an email from them sooner or later saying I need to get a prostate exam. That is how intrusive they are becoming.

OP
Telescopist

Telescopist

Reaction score
Understatement, I expect an email from them sooner or later saying I need to get a prostate exam. That is how intrusive they are becoming.

:biggrin: Well, it is heartening to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this way. I recall around 9 years ago they were spouting a line about being the 'peoples' gateway to the Internet, etc. ad nauseum. Well, then, there is that once tiny company called Apple that's capitalization is now over 600 billion give or take a mil.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I was also getting numerous spam notification ads in my notification bar. It was ridiculous. In all the years I have had Android, I never got ads for apps in my notification bar. I started by uninstalling the last known app that was installed (battery calibration). So far it has been a day without all those annoying notification ads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

meaker

Reaction score
What about SMS spam? Been getting this the last few days

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Here's everything you need to know about Airpush, and exactly why a developer would use it.

Airpush - Developers

It has absolutely nothing to do with Google, at all.

ChuckAnn

Reaction score

Me, too. And I don't even HAVE a prostate! :icon_eek: :biggrin: