Spam in the Notification Bar

ambrown

Reaction score
So I've been getting spammed about once per day (at 10:01 pm it seems) and I don't know where its coming from. It shows up as a notification with a blue star icon with a red dot in the center. If I tap on it it takes me to a website with various offers. The website is called freehomeupgrades.com.

Thing is I don't know what's causing it. If I knew if it was an app I'd uninstall in a heartbeat. If it was email or text I'd unsubscribe or whatever.

Basically if any of you have come across this or something similar any help would be great. Also I'll keep you posted if I happen to figure it out.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the DroidForums app

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is from an app. I believe its called airpush and there are apps in the market you can download to detect which app its coming from.

SSX v2.0

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out. Any specific apps you recommend?

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
Just downloaded airpush detector and found I had some app installed I didn't know was there (it wasn't in my apps list or in the settings where I could uninstall it). The detector worked great and led me right to the offending app and where I could uninstall it. I added the detector to my utilities for future help. Sad I need an app for that.

Thanks so much for the help though!