Spam in notification bar

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Help! Suddenly started getting a green star or plus in my notification bar...when I pull it down and look its spam! How do I get rid of it?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mgarney26

Reaction score
Help! Suddenly started getting a green star or plus in my notification bar...when I pull it down and look its spam! How do I get rid of it?!

You have signed up for some sort of push notification. Are you rooted/running a custom rom? I ask this because I get them all the time on the miui ics rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
You have signed up for some sort of push notification. Are you rooted/running a custom rom? I ask this because I get them all the time on the miui ics rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

No, I've thought of doing it, but never have before, no idea how

wseyller

Reaction score
I have the TheoryRom SHIFT3R 2.3.1 rom. I have been getting the same thing lately. I have gotten them before a week or two ago but now it is maybe two or three adds a day. I have alot of apps so I'm not sure what is causing it.

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Ya its an app, some apps have push notification ads instead of just ads in the app itself.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Aaah, I did recently get the mp3 music downloader, I'll uninstall and see if that's it, many thanks! I'll check out the detector too!

toyotaking88

Reaction score
You can go into the market and look through the description and the permissions. Somewhere in those it normally will say something about it having ads in the notification bar.

wseyller

Reaction score
You can go into the market and look through the description and the permissions. Somewhere in those it normally will say something about it having ads in the notification bar.

Yep and the app I recommend basically searches through all your apps that allow those particular permissions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bluezdawg

Reaction score

Me too! Have lots of apps loaded...arghhh. Will start by deleting MP3 downloader and take a look at Air Push detector that someone mentioned in an early post
But wait! Why would I do that, will give me something to look at when I lose the network! :blink:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Okay, loaded Airpush Detector, found two offenders, Flickie HD Wallpaper & MP3 Downloader... history :)

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Ok,looked at airpush detector and it said "unless you care about it being open source you should download add ons app instead" no clue what that means so haven't downloaded either yet. I did uninstall mp3 and havent gotten another air push yet fingers crossed!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Ok,looked at airpush detector and it said "unless you care about it being open source you should download add ons app instead" no clue what that means so haven't downloaded either yet. I did uninstall mp3 and havent gotten another air push yet fingers crossed!

Think I may uninstall it now that I have found and removed the culprits. :)