Spam/fake members

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I work nights and I'm on this forum quite a bit from late night thru early morning. Almost every night I see newbies copy and paste things other members have said in a thread and repost them later in the thread. What is the purpose of this? Are these bots or what? Has anyone else seen this? I'm just curious what's going on.

Here is an example. In this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-2/202719-ics.html this was posted on page one

No offense but you should consider yourself lucky you're even on the upgrade list. Newer and more powerful phones were left out in the cold.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Now tonight I see this...

No offense but you should consider yourself lucky you're even on the upgrade list. Newer and more powerful phones were left out in the cold.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
ht1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
huang10

I've seen this a number of times on various nights. I know it's spam but I'm wondering what is the purpose?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
They are in fact bots. Typically these bots are accompanied by links to something.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks, it's just one of those things i had to know. So I'll just hit "report" when I come across them.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not a problem. And thanks for finding "Ester". She's gone now lol.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent