SP Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Red5LTr, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Red5LTr

Red5LTr New Member

If you are using SPR to install customer ROMS whichever ROM you download, you must rename that ROM to "Update" correct?

Also, ROM Manager..... is this another method of installing ROMS and what is Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

Sorry for the questions..... NOOB... sort of. I have 2.1 with root I want to make sure I do this right so I don't brick my phone.

Is is worth going to 2.2 Froyo? if so I need to be at 2.1 correct?

Thanks for everyones input
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

You are correct concerning renaming files to update.zip for installation via spr.

Rom Manager is a program to do exactly what it's name says. It loads roms, kernels, themes, does backups etc. It uses Clockwork Recovery to do a lot of these things. Clockwork is meant to be a replacement for SpRecovery. It is more sophisticated and people say it's better. You can use Rom Manager to flash from SpRecovery to Clockwork and back. Some of us old timers are more comfortable with SpRecovery even though it is less "Automatic" than Clockwork.

Rom Manager is a very, very good program and makes it easy to do things that would otherwise require quite a bit of expertise.

Froyo is worth the effort. I'm using Pete's Bugless Beast Froyo V0.1 with a P3 1.25Ghz Kernel and the Blue Energy Theme. I am very, very pleased with this setup. It is fast and stable on my Droid.
  3. Red5LTr

Red5LTr New Member

Bayou
    Thank you for the info. It will be very helpful in moving forward and trying different ROMs. One more question, when you are going to a different ROM, do you always wipe data and cache? And if you are upgrading to a new version of the same ROM, do you just update the ROM?

THANKS AGAIN!!
    JOHN
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

If I'm doing anything other than upgrading, as in from BBFroyo V0.1 to BBFroyo V0.2, I always wipe data and cache. I just upgraded this morning to V0.2 and did not wipe and have had zero issues. Also, if I do have issues with a newly installed rom, the first thing I do is go back to Sprecovery, wipe and reinstall the rom. That also has served me well in the past. In fact I had to do it with BB V0.1 last week.

Also, be sure to go into Menu/Setting/Privacy and make sure you have Backup Settings and Automatic Restore checked before you do a wipe.

Good luck.
Search tags for this page
how to install sp recovery om droid x
how to install sprecovery on droid 2.2
how to install sprecovery on gingerbread
motorola droid spr recovery
sp 800 recovery download

sp recovery download

sprecorvery
sprecovery update.zip download