Sourcery ROM 2.2

darkmatter

Reaction score
2.0 is most excellent, but I am going to try 2.2 this morning. I'll do a full wipe and see how it looks from scratch.

-Mike

so far as I understand, if you want full functionality (ie, change themes etc etc) you have to go to 2.2, which has updated links for downloading such things. otherwise you'll have a version with links for downloads that don't exist.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I don't know for sure about that. I am just upgrading to upgrade and check it out. My 2.0 is fully backed up and I'll roll back to it if I need to.

-Mike

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes that's correct 2.1 and before all have links to files that won't work such as kernels and themes and all, the ftp where the files where originally held has been suspeneded for reasons I'm not completely informed about but they're not important I moved all the files to another ftp anf then I updated the 6789384 links in the scripts and on the website so that 2.2 will always function

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MJ5150

Reaction score
2.2 does not like my Droid. I wiped four times, installed, and all I get is boot loops where the Motorola logo would be (I have a custom image there).

-Mike

darkmatter

Reaction score
Try a different kernel. I've had sourcery working fine, but change the kernel and go into bootloops. I go to a different kernel and then it'll boot up fine.

MJ5150

Reaction score
In the About section, it shows me on Sourcery 2.2. But I am still getting notifications that there is an update available to 2.1. Weird......

-Mike

suaveydavey

Reaction score
Updated to 2.2 and everything seems good. But any idea why the WiFi is reading error?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Most likely a kernel issue. Make a backup and try a different one and see if that helps any.

Updated to 2.2 and everything seems good. But any idea why the WiFi is reading error?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Clean update for me. I was on 2.1 prior and i know the 2.2 was only links update nothing else it shouldn't of cause any errors.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2.2 does not like my Droid. I wiped four times, installed, and all I get is boot loops where the Motorola logo would be (I have a custom image there).

-Mike

Did you install the update or the full rom lol cause if you just installed the update that would definately make sense the one in rom manager is the full rom but then there are ones i posted on the website as well as on here that are just the update.zip with just scripts and stuff

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That whole updater thing as well is something eagle did i don't understand really how to use it so just ignore it or turn off notifications

suaveydavey

Reaction score
That did the trick, went to Slayer 1000, don't want to push anything being on a droid1.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Did you install the update or the full rom lol cause if you just installed the update that would definately make sense the one in rom manager is the full rom but then there are ones i posted on the website as well as on here that are just the update.zip with just scripts and stuff

At first, I wiped and tried a clean install of 2.2. Without trying to change kernels, I rolled back to 2.0 and then installed the update.zip for 2.2.

So the update works fine with the kernel I have now, but for some reason the clean install would not. I'm not so sure it was the kernel. But oh well, I got 2.2 working fine.

-Mike