Sourcery ROM 2.2

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Trust me lots of ideas coming once school is out in two weeks the apps are going to explode I've teamed up with a partner as well and u guys will be seeing some nice apps very soon one is already underway

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the scrolling "sorcery" text on the lockscreen?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
long overdue, but I say its time to "get the band back together". Eagle still owns a droid. Gflam is around more and more. I say 1 more release :)

BIG plus one ... but what is there left to add or improve upon? LOL

You know them..always something they have in their back pocket. and with a long break probably a lot of ideas floating around :) Not seen you in the IR lately Yank..whats up? lol

Just been busy ... looking into buying a house. Which is extremely time consuming!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Yank
Wait until the buying part comes, that I heard is cash consuming.

Bang a gong
Yank is right, it is the setting saying stop scrolling of "initials I can't remember and don't understand" and maybe the word text following the initials.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

darkmatter

Reaction score
Especially if its your first house. I spent about 12k in a month...

Closing costs, fridge, washer/dryer, furniture, etc.

I'm still recovering from that. On the flip side though, I paid for everything straight up. My only debt is a single credit card and my house.

jam40jeff

Reaction score
also along with below questions, i noticed my /system folder is always in rw mode...

ive never ran the script to mount system as rw either...is this set as a default?

I've noticed this as well. Even if I run the Magic Command to mount system as readonly, it still shows up as rw when I check it in the terminal. Even if I mount it manually as readonly, it comes back as rw on the next boot.

jam40jeff

Reaction score
I decided to just go ahead and fix it. It seems there are two scripts (???) in /system/etc/init.d/ mounting the system rw (01_sysrw and 02_sysrw). I just copied 02_sysrw to 91_sysro and changed the new script to mount the system readonly. Hopefully this won't have any unintended side effects.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just remove them

I decided to just go ahead and fix it. It seems there are two scripts (???) in /system/etc/init.d/ mounting the system rw (01_sysrw and 02_sysrw). I just copied 02_sysrw to 91_sysro and changed the new script to mount the system readonly. Hopefully this won't have any unintended side effects.

did you update to 2.2 that should of removed those scripts and fixed that problem.

jam40jeff

Reaction score
did you update to 2.2 that should of removed those scripts and fixed that problem.

I had installed 2.0, 2.0gapps, and 2.2update all in a row (in that order). Do I need to reboot after installing 2.0 and before updating to 2.2?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

I had installed 2.0, 2.0gapps, and 2.2update all in a row (in that order). Do I need to reboot after installing 2.0 and before updating to 2.2?

if you jsut remove them just go into the inti.d and remove the cpu one and the r/0 scripts . should of been remoed. but i didnt do the 2.2 update so maybe the install script was changed and didnt remove them. dont know.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2.2 update only had link changes since the server changed from macleod to another one i didn't change anything but the links in the servers i know the full 2.2 zip had problems so i removed it and put the 2.0 full zip up with a small 2.2 update.zip that just had all the changed scripts

jam40jeff

Reaction score
I cracked open the 2.0 zip and 01_sysrw is the only init.d script in there. 2.2 adds 02_sysrw, 04modules and 11_depmod. However, none of these ever remounts /system as ro, so it seems like it is rw in both 2.0 and 2.2. Adding a script to run at the end seems to work.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Me custom ring tones don't seem to be working ... got slayher's 900 kernel installed with min cpu set at 300 scaling on demand. Don't recall having this issue with Sourcery ... although I can't remember much of what worked and didn't work on what lately - I have been a ROM whore for several weeks now!

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Me custom ring tones don't seem to be working ... got slayher's 900 kernel installed with min cpu set at 300 scaling on demand. Don't recall having this issue with Sourcery ... although I can't remember much of what worked and didn't work on what lately - I have been a ROM whore for several weeks now!

Hope u used protection and always backed up :) as for ur custom ringtones whiich ones aren't working and where are u placing them?