Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I'm not sure if this is a rom issue or a boot manager issue but something really weird happened yesterday. I loaded up the sourcery rom I had on boot manager and updated a few apps in the market, Droid forums was one of them. Well, after the apps downloaded and started to install, I ended up getting a hot reboot. I went back into the market and all my updates were installed correctly except for Droid forums. I tried to redo the update, it downloaded ok but got an error message on install. I decided to clear market data and cache and try again, same thing. I deleted all reminants of my app downloads in my cache folder, same thing again. I then decided to load my phone rom, pull the apk from /data/app and make a TiBu of the app. I booted back into sourcery and tried to install the Droid forums app that I pulled out of my phone rom, error message: Application not installed. So then I pushed the app into /data/app manually, set permissions, and rebooted. I was finally able to get into the app, but after logging in and trying to view a thread, I got a force close. I immediately went back into the app only to find my data had been wiped. So, as a last ditch effort, I used TiBu to restore my app data and it worked, I was able to use Droid forums without any problems. I forgot to mention earlier that I had deleted Droid forums data prior to reinstalling the app. This was a very weird and frustrating experience. Can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? By the way, just in case it was a market issue, I downloaded and installed another app no problem. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

never seen or heard any problems here like that. id jump over to the boot manager forum and tell gflam he screwed up sourcery :) no but i would go over there and ask gflam about it. im thinking its with boot manager but might be a memory issue also. not sure just installed the app from market to test and had no problems.
gflam doesnt come here much so he probably wont see it here.

and for chizzle i have no idea. i had bluetoooth earphones tested and it worked other than that not sure. i have read some of various makers having prolems with bluetooth earphones and android bluetooth. so it may be an issue like that. of it may be something that was never tried and doesnt on sourcery or just doesnt work, i dont know let me know if you find out.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I know its not a Sourcery issue as i have seen this reported on many devices and roms, these are actually wired ear buds not bt. There are mixed reviews, some say it works but most have the same issue.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have Bluetooth so I can't test that out for you but thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to get with gflam then. Seems like he's given up on Droid forums since he's got his init2winit forum going on now.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Found a Fix, as i mentioned before this is an Android issue and has nothing to do with Sourcery or the OG. Using these wired Bose ear buds is great for music but i wasn't able to use the built in mic for calls. I would hear the other person great but they could not hear me not through the wire mic nor the phone's mic. After researching heavily i found out the most of these ear buds are made for iPhnoes and the ones made for Droid usually have no mic so you hear through them but have to keep the phone close so you can speak to it.

The weirdest fix: these ear buds have 3 buttons, volume up, volume down, and a middle button that suppose to do different things in different apps. The way to use the built mic is to hold that middle button pressed while plugging the ear buds into the phone. Doing that turns on the mic and allows you to speak through it on calls.

Otherwise since these ear buds are meant for iPhones the volume buttons wont work while playing music, they would actually pause and play. Not sure if there is a fix for that but as long as i can listen to music and take calls i'm happy.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Found a Fix, as i mentioned before this is an Android issue and has nothing to do with Sourcery or the OG. Using these wired Bose ear buds is great for music but i wasn't able to use the built in mic for calls. I would hear the other person great but they could not hear me not through the wire mic nor the phone's mic. After researching heavily i found out the most of these ear buds are made for iPhnoes and the ones made for Droid usually have no mic so you hear through them but have to keep the phone close so you can speak to it.

The weirdest fix: these ear buds have 3 buttons, volume up, volume down, and a middle button that suppose to do different things in different apps. The way to use the built mic is to hold that middle button pressed while plugging the ear buds into the phone. Doing that turns on the mic and allows you to speak through it on calls.

Otherwise since these ear buds are meant for iPhones the volume buttons wont work while playing music, they would actually pause and play. Not sure if there is a fix for that but as long as i can listen to music and take calls i'm happy.

cool the new sourcery patch worked. i sent out a secret patch that allows me to send telepathic messages for users problems so that it appears the user actaully figured it out, but in reality it was sourcery that told you how to do it. im glad you didnt get that electrical shock i was getting in testing. and im pretty sure the lowering of your iq with each use of sourcery after this patch has been fixed also. so if you start feeling dumber its just you.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Well nice.. someone is in a good mood today, maybe we can start discussing our new Rom plans dancedroid

still havent decided what phone. its looking more and more like verizon isnt gonna get the true nexus device but still dont know. no rush until icecream source code is released anyways. but ill continue to work on the telepathic abilities.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
still havent decided what phone. its looking more and more like verizon isnt gonna get the true nexus device but still dont know. no rush until icecream source code is released anyways. but ill continue to work on the telepathic abilities.

I think the telepathic abilities are already working cause i knew you're gonna say that... :beer2:

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Is there a flashable zip file for the stock kernel? I don't recall.

Not telepathically please

martytoo

Reaction score

What do you mean? Why isn't the Samsung that is coming out at the end of October a " true nexus device"?!?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
What do you mean? Why isn't the Samsung that is coming out at the end of October a " true nexus device"?!?

from what i am reading. there are definately 2 devices with different number designations .
for the nexus and the device that is coming to verizon.
it is looking to me that the device coming to verizon may only be the galaxy s2 LTE device and not the nexus.
probably coming nov 3 .
it should have icecream sandwhich but if its not a true nexus it wont get the updates like a nexus device does.
between what i have been reading and verizons history i am starting to lean toward the device verizon to get while still being a good device not being a true nexus device. but still hoping im wrong.

phoenix827

Reaction score
Just set my wifes phone up with this, will see how she likes it
dancedroid