Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

buellboy9

Reaction score
Okay, FINALLY have it installed, all apps from the Android market were installed via the market. All apps from Amazon were restore from TB (doesn't look like the Amazon market recognizes previously purchased apps, and no way was I going to pay for them a second time). Also restored the Citibank app from backup as that was easier than fetching it again from the Citibank website.

So far so good. Took me most of the night reconfiguring all of my apps once they were installed. I was FINALLY able to take a nandroid backup and it's been rebooted several times so far without issues. Besides NOT using TB for the majority of app installs, I also avoided Link2SD and Swapper2 for now. I might try them later, now that I have a working backup of the ROM configured the way I like.

Only thing left to do is re-pair all of my bluetooth connections and I should be good to go. Today will be my first day "beating" on this ROM... I'll let you know how it goes. Also applied the GB Theme to get the new Market version. Thanks for that tip earlier.

buellboy9

Reaction score
Okay, results of first test. GPS and Bluetooth active. Had the music player going, while voice navigation directed me to work. I use this configuration a lot on my motorcycle; I can't see the route (the phone is in my pocket) but the navigation works just fine.

Everything was fine till I got closer to the office when the directions came more close together. At that point the music stopped and never resumed. I had gotten around that problem with the OEM ROM and with CM7 by reducing the number of active widgets on my screen. I'm running even fewer. Widgets with Sourcery, so I'm at a loss here. Ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

droid future

Reaction score
So I finally was able to get Sourcery to work on my phone. I must say this ROM is pretty slick and the options are endless. I re-downloaded all the apps from the Market and tried to stay away from TiBu as much as possible (there were still some apps that are no longer on the market that used TiBu for but only the app no data). Just a few things: I went with RZ 1100 kernel because the stock kernel was getting very hot on me. Everything seems fine but I'm still getting temps in the upper 90s even though I'm not even using my phone. I've had a few screen redraws with ADW so I will try to do system persistent and see if that works. Everything seems to work well unlike some GB roms. Memory is an issue though I thought the memory management would be better than GB but I'm still running low on memory with Froyo and I only have 3 widgets on my desktop. Will continue running this ROM for today and see if it gets any better. Anyone tried the Slayher kernels and compcache on this release? Just wondering if those kernels would give me less heat than RZ.

OG Droid Wizard
Sourcery 2.2
RZ 250-1100 Ondemand

jrracinfan

Reaction score
For my own personal d1
It loves RZ and Chevy kernels. One other to try are Pete's new elite kernels. If you can find them and If your phone likes ulv try out corcor juiced. Options are nearly endless.

Last edited:

droid future

Reaction score
For my own personal d1
It loves RZ and Chevy kernels. One other to try are Pete's new elite kernels. If you can find them and If your phone likes ulv try out corcor juiced. Options are nearly endless.

That's awesome thanks for the suggestions I'll give them a try. My phone never plays well with Pete's kernels but maybe with Froyo it will be different. The options on this ROM are amazing! It will take me a while to really try everything this ROM has to offer.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
If you like that rom when you get tired of it try out ud 3.3.1

Oh when u said something about heat, go into built in overclocking and switch your governor if you haven't already. And remember, interactive and conservative are the best to stick with.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Okay, results of first test. GPS and Bluetooth active. Had the music player going, while voice navigation directed me to work. I use this configuration a lot on my motorcycle; I can't see the route (the phone is in my pocket) but the navigation works just fine.

Everything was fine till I got closer to the office when the directions came more close together. At that point the music stopped and never resumed. I had gotten around that problem with the OEM ROM and with CM7 by reducing the number of active widgets on my screen. I'm running even fewer. Widgets with Sourcery, so I'm at a loss here. Ideas?

Hmm.. just thinking outloud, did you get a call or text around that time, do you have anything else running in the background like fring, whatsapp or any other background app?

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
So I finally was able to get Sourcery to work on my phone. I must say this ROM is pretty slick and the options are endless. I re-downloaded all the apps from the Market and tried to stay away from TiBu as much as possible (there were still some apps that are no longer on the market that used TiBu for but only the app no data). Just a few things: I went with RZ 1100 kernel because the stock kernel was getting very hot on me. Everything seems fine but I'm still getting temps in the upper 90s even though I'm not even using my phone. I've had a few screen redraws with ADW so I will try to do system persistent and see if that works. Everything seems to work well unlike some GB roms. Memory is an issue though I thought the memory management would be better than GB but I'm still running low on memory with Froyo and I only have 3 widgets on my desktop. Will continue running this ROM for today and see if it gets any better. Anyone tried the Slayher kernels and compcache on this release? Just wondering if those kernels would give me less heat than RZ.

OG Droid Wizard
Sourcery 2.2
RZ 250-1100 Ondemand

Slayher 1ghz uc'd to 900mgh works well for me. I never have any memory issues, i'm thinking just lock your home app and you should be fine.

buellboy9

Reaction score
Hmm.. just thinking outloud, did you get a call or text around that time, do you have anything else running in the background like fring, whatsapp or any other background app?

Hmmmmm... Same as I had on CM7: Weatherbug, Lookout Mobile Security and Easyfilter. No missed phone calls or texts, so no to that one. I haven't run "Live Wallpapers" in MONTHS because I figure they suck up resources too.

On an unrelated question, since I've run Pete Alfonso's LV Gingerbread kernels pretty reliably, are the Slayher LV kernels good for Sourcery 2.2? Also, I just enabled and activated Compcache which I'm HOPING will open up a little more usable memory too.

Thanks for all your help. Why was Sourcery development abandoned? I never heard of it until very recently, but this ROM so far has been great!

droid future

Reaction score

OG Droid Wizard
Sourcery 2.2
RZ 250-1100 Ondemand

Slayher 1ghz uc'd to 900mgh works well for me. I never have any memory issues, i'm thinking just lock your home app and you should be fine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep trying different kernels until I find one that will work great for this ROM. I'm used to using Chevyno1s kernels. I'm currently using the Slayher 1.1ghz clocked at 250-1100 because I wanted compcache and RZ kernels don't seem to have that at least the ones within the ROM.

Would P3Droid Kernels play well with Sourcery?

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

Hmmmmm... Same as I had on CM7: Weatherbug, Lookout Mobile Security and Easyfilter. No missed phone calls or texts, so no to that one. I haven't run "Live Wallpapers" in MONTHS because I figure they suck up resources too.

On an unrelated question, since I've run Pete Alfonso's LV Gingerbread kernels pretty reliably, are the Slayher LV kernels good for Sourcery 2.2? Also, I just enabled and activated Compcache which I'm HOPING will open up a little more usable memory too.

Thanks for all your help. Why was Sourcery development abandoned? I never heard of it until very recently, but this ROM so far has been great!

I'm about to try the music with navigation and if i can replicate the issue. I have been using Slayher kernels since day one of Sourcery and always cool and smooth.
Development stopped due to some team issues i can't really explain as i was just in beta testing and developing. It is sad though cuz this is one of the best Froyo roms I've tried...

buellboy9

Reaction score
Okay, "Stupid N00b question warning:" I tried using the "Settings" dialogs to flash the Slayher LV kernel. The phone basically sat displaying a "Patience, Magic Takes Time" animation message for over a half an hour and did nothing. I rebooted the phone with no troubles.

If I want to do this manually, WHICH of these kernels am I looking for? Froyo 2.2.2, Compcache enabled, LV:

Index of /slayher/kernels

Not much explanation of what I'm looking at there...

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hmm thought i was retired

this rom has been gettting more active as of late darn you chizzle :)
wanted to respond to the posts i read this morning.
mr. power user :) you do have the droid doing a lot im not sure there is a fix for trying to do all that, the droid is memory handicapped. gingerbread in fact is suppose to manage memory better than froyo, so that may be why you got all that running with gb. hope you get it working but i have to say i never pushed the droid like that.
I saw lookout mentioned. I have never used it. but in some problems with the g2x LG said they have had problems with lookout so i am not sure that is a dual core thing or rom specific. but the rom on the g2x is froyo 2.2.2 but they modififed it. but just thought id throw it out there since a rep at LG said it caused problems.
Kernels. all froyo kernels should work with sourcery but the kernels are really a phone specific just depends on what your phone likes. but some features like compcache only work on sourcery with slayher kernels as far as been tested. rzr kernels were suppose to support it also but we could not make it work in sourcery. i worked with that dev and did what he said he did but they just wouldnt work for compcache.
p3,chevy,rzr,slayher all had been used with sourcery and work. but these were kernels made before feb. nothing newer than that has been tested officially with sourcery.
Please remember this rom is out of production and no further releases will be put out . since i am currently not doing anything else i have time to play around and try to help you guys. and we appreciate you trying sourcery and hope you have fun with it. I tried to change some of the alt programs around for fun but i dont have full access to the place they are anymore apparently and it wont let me change anything.

I have round about stated why sourcery is no more its in the threads. not worth rehashing. But sourcery will not move forward past where it is.
anyfurther products released by myself or gflam i would hope will take on a different name. sourcery was gflam and myself and anything not with both of us involved is not sourcery!
i think my next rom (look ahead to G2X) will be called chizzlery :)