Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

Discussion in 'Sourcery ROM' started by Chizzele, Jun 4, 2011.

1. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

make sure you have usb debugging turned on. many of the options will not work without it.
    i just tested well its currently downloading the kernel now the 1200 slayher. and it works. i have the best luck with the 1200 and just underclock it. the 900-1100 dont work as well as my phone.
  2. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

That might've been the issue... USB debugging was turned off. No matter, I've done the manual flash with the 1Ghz LV 1.6 kernel, but only pushing it to 800Mhz with the Ondemand scheduler. Also enabled Compcache and turned it on. Let's see how she goes now. Thanks for all the assistance (you AND Chizzle).
  3. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

You also need to have Terminal Emulator installed, you can install one through Sourcery Settings or an updated one through the market.

You know i was testing the navi/music thing and the music stoped about 3 times in a 2 miles drive... not sure why, i started it and it played ok stoping for voice guidance and continuing right after but about 3 times it stopped completely, not sure why but my bet is memory, i have nothing but fancy widget, fring and whatsapp running so not to much but my guess is memory... there is only so much you can do with 256mb..
  4. Chizzele

Thank you for the compliments Eagle... i don't know about Chizzlery :icon_ banana:
    I think my prior suggestion was better "Astound" but Nokia got us there they have a phone with that name that just came out. :icon_eek:
  5. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

What do I need the Terminal Emulator for?

Oh, I HAVE found a work-around for the music problem. If I keep the music app in the foreground, it will continue to play with the navigator popping in to update me from time to time. This is fine for motorcycle use where I can't see the phone anyway... but it's annoying in the car that I can't look at the map without the music cutting out. <Sigh>
  6. luvdldy

luvdldy New Member

How long should I stay stuck on the Motorola M?

I know wiping Dalvink takes some time, BUT am I stuck? It's been about 5-10 mins.
  7. Chizzele

Terminal Emulator is needed to run the auto script that installs the kernels/themes/bootanimations..

Thanks for the Navi update..
  8. Chizzele

Sounds to long, shouldn't be more then 4 minutes on first boot. Just to cover the basics... did you wipe and clean data (if coming from GB wipe x 3).. did you download the rom on wifi or 3g? Also, Sourcery clears the Dlavik cache automatically during install so no need to do it manually
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  9. luvdldy

luvdldy New Member

Thanks SOOO much. I reinstalled original ROM then wiped 3x and reinstalled. I am up now.

Few ques: What is "airmail" for? Can you use setcpu with ROM? Can you use another Launcher or will it have issues?
  10. Chizzele

Airmail use to be for push notifications about rom updates but since this rom is out of development airmail is not used. I actually removed it with TiBi.
    You can use SetCpu although cpuBoost is included by default and similar job.
    You can use any launcher you want, i use adw, if you install another one make sure you install it before uninstalling the existing one.
  11. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ah, gotcha. I used "Script Manager" to run scripts... but I see this ROM also includes a terminal emulator. :motdroidhoriz:
  12. luvdldy

luvdldy New Member

Okay Great...

I am trying to get TiBi to install and getting force closes, right after install. It is v3.84. Is there any way around this? MybackupPro works, but I'm not sure it will install the apps to the sd card. I am waiting on the Market, but it's not syncing any more apps.
  13. Chizzele

TiBi in general is not in peace with Sourcery (and several other roms) i just use it to uninstall system apps, never for restore of data. If they have a version that wont install on your phone at all it maybe some recent update that they had. I have an old version of TiBi on my phone and i rarely use it. I don't even update although i get the market notifications saying there is an update for it.
  14. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I wonder if the problem with TB is restoring apps that were saved on a GB system to a FroYo system? Maybe if you restore the app ONLY (not the data) it'd be less of an issue? I did have to install SOME of my apps from TB, and so far haven't had any issues.

3.8.4 appears to be the latest and greatest version of TB.
  15. luvdldy

luvdldy New Member

I am SOOO luvin this ROM :heart:

Great work dude! I was able to restore my apps using a way old version 3.62. The last two versions wouldn't work for me. I needed to be able to install to SD and it actually worked! :icon_ banana:

I am going to use it genuine for a while until I upgrade the kernel and use setcpu.

NO PROBLEMS so far at all, so about to do a nandroid. Just gotta chg my tag, I was actually at Project Elite 4.2 before this and missing texts, hearing the notification and nothing showing. Hope this one doesn't do the same. Again GREAT WORK!
  16. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

You don't NEED SetCPU. Sourcery has CPUBoost pre-installed, and it does the same thing.
  17. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

Is my phone the only one in the world that hates this ROM or do I need to do something special to flash it? After first boot, my phone will eventually freeze up terribly bad and become completely useless. What's the deal?

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Wipe data/factory reset 3 times
    2. Wipe cache 3 times
    3. Format boot
    4. Format system
    5. Wipe dalvik cache
    6. Install zip from sd
    7. Reboot

So what's going on here, any ideas? I really want this ROM to work, but I've just come to assume that my phone hates it and/or it's unstable on my phone?
  18. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I feel your pain. I felt the same way, but Chizzle, Eagle, et al. got me up and running and I'm a believer now.
  19. jrracinfan

jrracinfan Member

Bjammin

Try an install with rzr recovery. Should be able to figure the ins and outs quickly. If not throw me a pm.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  20. droid future

droid future New Member

I used RZR recovery twice to install this ROM and both times it loaded just fine. I would try not to wipe Dalvik cache before installation and then once the ROM is loaded you can clear it then. This is a pretty smooth rom and the options are great. Make sure you are using the latest RZR recovery which is 2.0.3 Hope it works out for you.

OG Droid Wizard
    RZ 250-1000
Search tags for this page

busybox 1.16.2 apk

lib dex

mystash.apk full

rom 2.2full

sourcery rom 2.2 download

sourcery v2.2