Sour Grapes? Nokia Pokes Fun at Google's New Android KitKat Theme on Twitter

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nokia-have-a-break-tweet.jpg

Sometimes it's funny when the underdog of the group talks smack to the other players, but sometimes it just smacks of "sour grapes." Nokia might fall into that category right now depending upon your point of view. This morning they Tweeted the above image in an attempt to poke fun at the new Android KitKat naming convention theme. As you can see in the pic, they are depicting a Samsung phone (presumably Android) being broken in half, and they included the slogan, "Have a Break, have a..." Obviously this is meant to draw attention to the old KitKat commercials in which some working folks would cheerily break and munch on a KitKat bar in order to satiate their hunger before getting back to work.

Of course, we can't really fault them for joining in on the competition bashing. Samsung has become the king of humorous innuendo's aimed against Apple. What do you guys think? All in good fun, or just lame?

Source: Twitter - Nokia

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I'll call it good fun. They are really starting to entertain me. Not the least bit interested in leaving the android community, but it is well worth a laugh.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
HAHA...too funny....the little dogs always have the loudest bark.....Oh wait ! I'm on line for Nokia's next smartphone now....LMAO !!

Nokia.jpg

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Would have been better if they made a KitKat remark regarding Android OS fragmentation.

*OUCH!*

But that would have been more: OH NO THEY D'IN'T!

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they spent half as much energy innovating as they do talking trash they could be a great phone... Nevermind, that's not true.

xtor

Reaction score
Free advertising, if your talked about, your thought about.

sent from a note yee (2)

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Funny, but they broke it along the wrong axis :)

This.

Not to mention, last time I checked, Kit Kat's slogan was GIMME a break. Not HAVE a break.

Is that meant to be or has a translation between languages destroyed the actual slogan? Hahahaha!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
This.

Not to mention, last time I checked, Kit Kat's slogan was GIMME a break. Not HAVE a break.

Is that meant to be or has a translation between languages destroyed the actual slogan? Hahahaha!

The lines between poking fun and slander are pretty thin.

NOVICE

Reaction score
I am one of the few who believe that Windows Phone has hugh upside potential particularly as relates to up and coming economies.

They sell a pretty good smartphone for 99$. That's the unsubsidized price.

And if in the next several years they can truly integrate their phone os with Windows they will provide a real incentive to stay within the Microsoft eco-system.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And if in the next several years they can truly integrate their phone os with Windows they will provide a real incentive to stay within the Microsoft eco-system.

That truly is THE game changer. Eventually your phone will replace the laptop/desktop (just connect a monitor and keyboard) for 95% of users. Tablets, too - basically we are talking dummy "terminals" that just mirror your phone's display.

And for that to work, your phone will need to be able to seamlessly run a full computer OS. Android can't do that, and I'm not sure Google really wants to go that direction at this point (since they've recently claimed Chrome OS and Android will not merge). Apple could possibly do it, but probably won't because their model is more devices, not fewer.

But the 800lb gorilla is still Microsoft Office. Google is trying to do that with Google Docs, but until it makes any real headway in the business world people will want Office. What all this means, right now, is when it comes down to carrying one device, for the vast majority of people that device HAS to run Office, and quite possibly Windows.

Or Microsoft can eventually offer a full Office suite for Android and IOS. Seeing as how they just spent billions to buy Nokia I'm guessing they won't do that. Microsoft with Office still holds pocket aces, and they clearly plan to try to leverage that with their purchase of Nokia.