sounds get reset after connecting to PC

tyseft163

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this? when I hook up my phone to my computer, after I remove the USB cable, the ringtones and notifications are reset to number labeled sounds. These number labels are not in my ringtones another sounds lists on the phone. Does anyone know why this happens, or how I can prevent it?

guardlights

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this? when I hook up my phone to my computer, after I remove the USB cable, the ringtones and notifications are reset to number labeled sounds. These number labels are not in my ringtones another sounds lists on the phone. Does anyone know why this happens, or how I can prevent it?

This happened to me a few days ago. After I noticed this, i looked at some of the notification sounds and ring tones, and in the menu where you select them, either nothing was selected, or it was defauted

When you plug in, the phone unmounts the sd and sd-ext, and when the files are not there, it falls back to something else or default.

Not sure there is a fix for this

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Move the media files to system/media/notifications folder. At least that's the way it is on ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to be rooted to do it. Use the root method just posted in the hacks thread.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums