Sounding muffled. This phone SUCKS

BigBriDrol

Reaction score
Very disappointed in this phone so far. Everyone complains about the voice quality

I have tried switching the the -4 and the 13k mode, after about 3 hours, both make me sound tiny and muffled to the receiver.

Should I try and switch this out for a new droid, or are all droids a POS like the one I got?

Takami826

Reaction score
I dunno, maybe you got a bad one cuz everyone I talk to since I got my droid is relieved they can hear me (former crackberry 8330 curve)

jfourman

Reaction score
Best sound quality of any phone I have ever owned

I think the vast majority of owners, and most all reviewers I have read feel as I do. My Droid has the best sound quality of any phone I have owned. You may want to try to set your phone to EVRC-B. This seems to help a lot of others that are having issues. If you truly believe the Droid is a POS, I'd stop into an AT&T store for a new phone.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Stop *****ing and get something else! Mine works great, but maybe it isn't for you. Far be it from me to attempt to change your mind.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Quit feeding them....

Fullenwider

Reaction score
When I got mine I put a screen protector on right away. I thought the sound was no good until I realized I had the screen protector over the speaker hole.
check the simple stuff first. I had Blackberry's until this phone and the Droid is better.

You always have 30 days to return it. I like mine though.

OP
B

BigBriDrol

Reaction score
I dont get the replies?? maybe it isnt for me? It is the people that I speak with that complain. EVERY SINGLE person. And switching it to EV whatever does not work.

I hope I just have a bad phone and will return for a new Droid, btu after reading it seems as if tons of people have this problem

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine sounds fine. No complaints from people I talk to....

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
*228 option 2, try changing voice privacy settings and if that fails take it back.

Good luck

OP
B

BigBriDrol

Reaction score
*228 option 2, try changing voice privacy settings and if that fails take it back.

Good luck
Ok thanks.

Well I am glad to see that other people have working Droids and that mine may be a lemon.

Will be changing for a new one tomorrow

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good luck with your second Droid.

Getting the phone part of it right should've been their first priority, but it could also be coverage. Hope the second one works for you

Takami826

Reaction score
This may be ridiculous but do you perhaps have a case or protector that's inadvertently blocking the mic area? Not being snarky or a smartass, but I've had friends with other phones and cases that blocked the mic area...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The cases blocking the mic happened to me with my BB Storm. Couple days of aggravation before i put 2 and 2 together :)

You might've had lint or something in the microphone hole on the phone. I had that happen with my Droid. People were complaining they couldn't hear me but this was after several days of great voice quality!

alas, you may just have a lemon... exchange and enjoy :)