Sound settings keep reverting

Puppetpusher

Reaction score
Hi folks, new around these parts here.

My fiance and I had gotten fed up with the iPhone 3G, and had seriously considered upgrading to the 4S. We ended up getting a smoking deal on a pair of Incredible 2s, and decided we were better off anyway. So far, we love the phones and have very few complaints about them. They're pretty great. We got them a little after Thanksgiving. These phones can actually be used to make phone calls--who'da thought?! :happy3:

I'm the type that prefers just to leave my phone on most of the time, unless it's really low, in which case I'll let it charge overnight, off. Now, I know there's some very simple solutions to my problem (like turn it off, or put it in another room), but I'd still like to know what the hell is causing it...

Usually for the night, I'll change the phone's sound profile to silent. In my mind, that means no sound or vibrate functions at all. However, I find that more than half the time, the phone will change itself back to the regular sound profile and freak the crap out of me if I get an email in the middle of the night. It's done this enough times for me to know that I'm not just forgetting to switch the profile.

So... am I going nuts? Is this a known bug? If so, does it have a fix? At this point I'm mostly just insanely curious about what the hell is going on. So far, the lack of that particular function is the only thing I liked better about the iPhone.

Reaction score
Forgive me if you already checked this but just thought I would throw out a suggestion in case you haven't tried it.

Under settings and then sound, some phones have 4 options.... incoming call volume, notification volume, alarm, and media. There also may be a box you can check to make your notification volume the same as your incoming calls.

Basically, if you do not have that box checked, the phones treats calls and notifications for texts or email differently and when you manually turn down the volume of the phone, you are only turning down the volume of calls. If the box is checked, the volume controls both calls and notifications.

If that is not the issue, I don't know what else to suggest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums