1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sound Recorder not working

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Droid DOES!!, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

As soon as I try to open the Sound Recorder (Both the included and paid version from the market), it force closes immediately! Anyone else having this problem?
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

DD,

Not sure if this will help, but I too am running FRG22. Up until a week or so ago, I was manually installing the recorder app that I pooched from somewhere. It does work, and creates a voice/sound file. The problem is finding an ap on the phone which will play the darn file.

More recently, I upgraded to the new Voice Search, and I can use the "note to self" feature to record a message to myself, which gets gmailed to me, and is available as a sound to text translation. So, if your goal is to be able to record notes to yourself, then the Voice Search is pretty nifty. If you need to record other things, then you will have to manually install the recorder ap, which I might be able to attach here if the system will allow, and you desire.

Craig
  3. Droid DOES!!

Hmmm...can you send the recordings via MMS (My main goal)? It was soooo easy to do on BlackBerry and iPhone..not so much on Droid!
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

DD,

I just tested, and it looks like it either sends to gmail or to the keyboard. I do not mms, so perhaps the keyboard step could be texted? I am also just guessing but perhaps sending to gmail to yourself, you might then be able to forward the gmail as a mms? Not sure. The issue with the working recording app is that it saves as a 3gp file, if I remeber correctly. This could be problematic for a receivee depending on the receivee's ability to decode.

The other issue that I just realized after testing is that you need a 3g connection, for the voice input to be sent to wherever to be decoded, and sent back. It might not be the best apparoach to skin your cat, but if you have not upgraded to the new Voice Search (in market), you might want to do so to test. Methinks you can skin that cat in some way.....

Craig
  5. Droid DOES!!

I appreciate the help and info man! I'll keep looking to try to find a way. As far as 3G goes, that's no issue here..there's a map for that! Haha!!
  6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

DD,

I wish you luck. I know I was most annoyed that the phone came with a recorder app that apeared to be mostly non-functional. I think I found the functional recorder app on XDA, and it does work. Again, let me know if you want to try it, I can try and post it here.

For me, being able to make notes to myself and having them transcribed is really what I need for my work. The voice recorder app requires that that you manually move the recorded file around on your sd card, and perhaps copy to PC. Having the voice search working means that the recording goes right to my gmail or pop3 email where I can roll it into my work structure. I guess we have slightly different end needs.

Craig
  7. Droid DOES!!

Yeah, what the heck, I'll try it out. Thanks again man!!
Search tags for this page

android sound recorder not working

android sound recorder problem
android the voice recorder of my phone is not working

android voice recorder not working

my sound recorder is not working on my android
problem sound record android phone
recorder not working

samsung galaxy sound recorder not working

sound recorder android not working

sound recorder not working on android

sound recorder not working on samsung galaxy