Sound quality issue in Pandora...

msu

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I'm using headphone as well, so it isn't my jack.

nickb34

Reaction score
I've got the same crackling issue, pretty disappointing. I use slacker radio, but the sound is quite hollow on my stereo.

msu

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if it is Slacker? Pandora sound just fine except for the facts that it is coming off the phone and I have crappy ear buds. But, I just logged onto Slacker and listen to one song that sounded great, then the next one sound like crap and then the next one was back to good. Of coarse the bass sucks, but again, that could be my buds.

OP
raceMpower95

raceMpower95

Reaction score
Well i think I figured it out. As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is a setting in Preferences for high or low audio quality. I had mine set to low somehow (perhaps that's the default.) I switched it to high and it seems to have fixed the issue. Other people may not have the same results, but it worked for me.

Now everything sounds fine. Obviously it isn't going to be as good as a tuned home theatre system, but after all, it is a phone.

vatothe0

Reaction score
This is the same as my experience. Pops and crackles until I changed to the high quality setting. Zero problems since and absolutely nothing else changed. Everything was still plugged in when I made the change.

If you are getting a hum or buzz or squeel with the charger plugged in, your alternator is leaking into your electrical system. Get a filter from Rat Shack.