Sound Profiles like blackberry

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by 05flhrci, May 13, 2010.

1. 05flhrci

05flhrci New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I am looking for and application that I can control profiles on. I have tried a few different ones on the market but have not found one that I can change ringers and notifications. Such as I would like to have a different notification from e-mail to text and a different notification for FB this way I don't need to look at the phone to know what is coming in. Has anyone found and app that will do this and allow me to have a few different profiles.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    In every area there should be a "settings" menu that will allow you to change your notification sounds. The Droid comes with a limited amount of stock notifications, however you can add your own custom notifications, such as mp3 files with apps like ringroid which allows you to easily set up custom notifications for different areas on your phone.

For example go to your gmail, press the menu button and then settings. You will see "select ringtone" on there and from that you can pick any of the ringtones that come with the droid or custom ringtones you have made with ringdroid. This applies to all the different area's of your phone where there are notification sounds. You don't have to have one notification for everything.

Hope that helps.

3. s-one

s-one Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too was looking and found that Quick Profiles (free) in the market was the closest to my Curve's profile switcher. Check it out.

4. Mikey1969

Mikey1969 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found one called 'Profile' in both the Market and android playground that does nothing with your ringers at all, it just adjusts the volume and turns on and off vibration. This is what I always wanted BB's 'Profile Manager' to do, and it didn't. Regardless of what custom ringtone I had for someone, it would override with a default. I have installed this on my wife's Droid and my Incredible, and I love it! It even lets you create time based rules, so I have it switch for her automatically from a quiet night mode, to a normal mode for an hour, then to a work mode until she's off, then to night mode again. On the weekends, I have it normal all day, with the night mode at night of course. Very good program, easy to use, and I got really quick support when I had questions.

5. 96accord

96accord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently (end of last week) switched from the Tour to the Droid and I'm in the same boat.. I will do some searching also.

Search tags for this page
android profile switcher similar to blackberry

android sound profiles like blackberry

blackberry like sound application for android
blackberry notification sounds for android
blackberry sound profiles for android
blackberry sound profiles on android
blackberry sounds for android
custom sound profiles android like blackberry
droid incredible 2 2 sound profiles
droid sound profiles