sound problem

cashmoneyclassic

Reaction score
Sometimes when i put in the headphones and press play, the music comes out of the phone speaker instead of the headphones. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it. Its comletely random but seems to happen at least once a day

dmisc

Reaction score
I noticed this sometimes when I plug in headphones. I simply just wriggle the plug while its connected to the phone.

I think when first inserted, the plug does not come in contact correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jlew

Reaction score
I've got this same issue. It happens across multiple apps so I don't think it is software related...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ddfuji

Reaction score
Sometimes when i put in the headphones and press play, the music comes out of the phone speaker instead of the headphones. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it. Its comletely random but seems to happen at least once a day

poor connection between headphone contacts. have you tried it with other headphones?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've had the same problem. I just cleaned the headphone plug with contact cleaner. Alcohol will do just as well. It worked for me.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.

TheOMB

Reaction score
I had problem to...reconnecting audio jack has fixed it every time... Those it s a PITA, especially when driving.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep, I've experienced this too. It's a blending of old technology and new, where it used to be that when you plugged into the headphone jack physical electrical connections wouldbe interrupted. Now instead, the Smart Phone is monitoring the resistance across those contacts and if it doesn't see changes sufficient to conclude headphones are plugged in, it will not electronically break those connections even though the plug is inserted.

I suppose the concept looked good on paper, but in actual application the real world variables were too unpredictable. Unless it senses the plug is inserted, it will allow sound to continue through the speakers instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk