Sound Levels

stuigi

Reaction score
I know this has been spoken about before, but the sound levels of this phone are horrible. My ringer volume and my notifications are ok but play music or watch a video and I can hardly hear them. I took a video today that I was narrating and when I played it back, I could hardly hear it. If I put on headphones that helps, but I don't want that as a solution. I am praying that HTC will pump up the volume on their first patch

evereddie

Reaction score
At least as far as video recording levels go, this is a know issue and has been talked about quite a bit. There is even a You Tube documenting this. Everyone is hoping update will fix.

androidgeek

Reaction score
I tried to start a thread asking if anyone knew if it was a software issue. I must have been behind the curve, nobody responded?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
@op, you probably didn't use droid x previously? the volume on this phone is blazing compared to droid x.

lockman

Reaction score
xeene, you think think the X was quieter? I was thinking the opposite. Maybe it's me...:icon_eek:

hobby31

Reaction score
I came from a Droid X to the thunderbolt. The X was definately louder.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Have you turned up the volume in settings on tb? Dx had a quietest speaker of any phone I have ever used and I wasn't the only person hat thought so. There are thousands of people on Droid and Motorola forums with complains, unfortunately it was one of the design flaws of dx.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a TB. Bluetooth audio is of utmost importance.

Is the TB quieter than the OG? What about sound quality?

sir2545

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a TB. Bluetooth audio is of utmost importance.

Is the TB quieter than the OG? What about sound quality?

The external speaker is quieter than the OG; however, even though it is quieter, I have no problem hearing calls, but some YouTube videos are hard to hear. Bluetooth shouldn't be an issue for you. I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro headset and have no problem hearing it in a semi.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
Just used the nav feature and the volume was terrible compared to my D1. Hope there will be a fix for this.
Best.... Steve

MrKleen

Reaction score
Those of you coming from the D1 shouldn't compare any other phone sound to it... because the D1 had Amazing speaker volume unmatched.... The sound quality for phone calls is plenty loud on the T-Bolt and I'm sure everyone around me can hear everything said unless I turn it down. The complaint people have is with listening to audio on videos and such... and I'm sure there will be an update.

I just hope when HTC doesn't zip up their bootloader better when they start sending out updates. The reason I got this phone is for the freedom I lost with Motorola. I will be somewhat sad if I cannot take any future official updates.

sir2545

Reaction score
Once we get some good ROMs for this beast, Im sure DSP Manager will rid us of our volume issues.