Sound Issue (Notifications)

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by QiG, Apr 3, 2011.

1. QiG

QiG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if there's some kind of setting I'm missing and I'm leaning towards it being an app issue but when I receive a SMS through Handcent, I can't get a notification sound to play even when I hear the phone play it while changing settings, it won't work when I test or receive the SMS.

Also, I have my phone set to never vibrate in the system settings but in silent mode it will vibrate while ringing.

Last thing.. is there a way to turn off the vibrate on the unlock screen? Sometimes I need to tinker with my phone stealthily and it's a dead giveaway :wink:

2. DeadCheshireCat

Ratings:
    +0
    i have been having the sound notification issue as well. I un and re-installed both Launcher pro and handcent and K9, thinking it was one of the recent updates to them, but I still have the problem. The only fix for handcent I found was to lock it into the memory using chevytools...

3. QiG

QiG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried locking in handcent but it didn't fix it, so I did a wipe and re-installed EVERYTHING on my phone from the rom to the patch and all the apps and its working now.

I have no clue where the conflict was but now that I think about it, I tried to use the ChevyNo1 scripts to delete a few features/apps and they always hung and never completed, maybe that could be the root of it?

Search tags for this page
can't get sound while using handcent
handcent app won't have notification sound
handcent can't set notification sound
handcent sms notification sound not working

handcent won't play notification sound

my handcent sms wont play my text tones
notificatiin sound want play for handcent sms
notifications won't play
phone wont play notification sound
text notification won't play sound