Sound is screwy from time to time!

joeyx2

Reaction score
I have had this phone pretty much since it came out. Every once in a while my sound is screwed up. It sounds like the speaker is blown in it and then all of a sudden it comes back. Some times I lose the sound completely. What makes me think the speaker is not screwed up is I plugged my transmitter in to listen to music in car and it sounded screwed up through my car speakers. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Conechaser

Reaction score
Mine does that once in a blue moon. My notification will come through all high pitched and once a commercial I had playing through my car on slacker came through that way.

OP
joeyx2

joeyx2

Reaction score
It didn't happen often at first. Maybe every couple of days but now I'm getting it pretty much every day.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Haha, I thought I was going crazy. Mine did it to.
A few times using sd3, even more using liberty. I changed over to mavrom and I don't remembering it happening since.

OP
joeyx2

joeyx2

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I may go back to mav. And give it a go. But then again I may .sbf and if it does it try to get a replacement. Is there anyone with stock having the same issue?

EyeSpy

Reaction score
Stock here. Didn't have the issues until the last few weeks. Sometimes it corrects itself and sometimes it takes a reboot.

meatballparm8.0

Reaction score
I've had problems with my sound since I got it in July. The audio port would never quite make the connection whether plugging in headphones or the cable to listen to music in my car. Verizon replicated the problem and offered a refurb but I decided to go to Motorola since they have a 1 year warranty. Shipped it out last week and hope to have it back soon(Motorola will try to get you to pay for shipping if you don't press them). I'd try that route as it could be a hardware issue.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
This has happened to both of my d3's happened a few times a week.

OP
joeyx2

joeyx2

Reaction score
What makes me think the speaker is not screwed up is I plugged my transmitter in to listen to music in car and it sounded screwed up through my car speakers. Anyone else having this problem?

Also when talking on the phone (not on speaker phone). Thanks anyway