Sound is not working?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wasn't thinking of an app because it sounded like it was working prior to being put in Silent mode, but your comments made me think of trying it in Safe Mode and seeing if it works then. It will boot the phone without your apps and it would let you know if one of them is the problem. FoxKat's written about it but for the life of me I can't seem to get the forum's search function to find where! So here's a link on Verizon's site telling you how to do it.

Good luck!

It's a sticky now thanks to SmallTownGirl13.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200128

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the info I did not know about safe mode. I tried it but still no sound so something must have failed. :(

Sounds like you're right. Last ditch effort, factory reset. If that doesn't work, I'd try flashing Fastboot and if that doesn't work then you have a hardware failure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MrGibbins

Reaction score
Its a hardware issue and has been posted in another thread like this one. Trying playing an audio file and while its playing turn the phone around and press along the top of the Kevlar back and on the top portion where the speaker is located. Sound should cut back in. My phone stopped having sound yesterday and I found that post and tried it. It works. Guess its a manufacturing defect or a result of the Kevlar being too soft and allowing pressure on the phone to break the connections. Others that have taken it in before the 14 day period said they were sent a refurbished instead of a new device. Not sure if I want to deal with that. Might go in today and see what they can do.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got a new phone. Just got it yesterday. My old phone suffered a battery failure as well a few days after the sound issue so I am glad I called right at my 14 day. At least if it does happen again I have something to try.

MrGibbins

Reaction score
Went in an ordered a replacement. The reps didn't know what to say and asked the manager. He said his maxx just did it too. They called CS and set up a new phone to be sent to me. Should arrive Tuesday.

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ugh I hope my new phone does not have the same issue. Seems like its happening to the phones shipped since 2/29 but not the ones before? Maybe a bad batch..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MrGibbins

Reaction score
Fingers crossed that our new phones are a good batch then.

ntmock

Reaction score
Its a hardware issue and has been posted in another thread like this one. Trying playing an audio file and while its playing turn the phone around and press along the top of the Kevlar back and on the top portion where the speaker is located. Sound should cut back in. My phone stopped having sound yesterday and I found that post and tried it. It works. Guess its a manufacturing defect or a result of the Kevlar being too soft and allowing pressure on the phone to break the connections. Others that have taken it in before the 14 day period said they were sent a refurbished instead of a new device. Not sure if I want to deal with that. Might go in today and see what they can do.

Confirmed.. I just started having this issue.. only first my text messages wouldn't give notification.. my calls would still be audible though.. then just 5 minutes ago my ringer stopped working.. tried playing media, no audio then either.. so I removed my otterbox defender, played a media file, and pressed on the top right corner of the Kevlar and then pressed in on the spreaker itself, it instantly started working. Guess I am going to get a replacement tomorrow, I do not want to have to do this often.

ntmock

Reaction score
Confirmed.. I just started having this issue.. only first my text messages wouldn't give notification.. my calls would still be audible though.. then just 5 minutes ago my ringer stopped working.. tried playing media, no audio then either.. so I removed my otterbox defender, played a media file, and pressed on the top right corner of the Kevlar and then pressed in on the spreaker itself, it instantly started working. Guess I am going to get a replacement tomorrow, I do not want to have to do this often.

And to continue.. the sound cut out again today.. that's 2 days in a row.. time to take it back and get replaced =\ ... Mine was shipped with the last February batch as well. 2/27 or 2/28 can't remember

dmwoods

Reaction score
Last edited:

cb.1994

Reaction score
To dmwoods thanks for the help i have a droid pro and the sound quit last night and ive been trying to figure out how to fix it since i came on here like 20 minutes again within five i downloaded ur app and my sounds working fine again so again thanks

dmwoods

Reaction score
To dmwoods thanks for the help i have a droid pro and the sound quit last night and ive been trying to figure out how to fix it since i came on here like 20 minutes again within five i downloaded ur app and my sounds working fine again so again thanks

Great! I have put in some new features recently as well. They allow you to route the sound during a phone call.