sound glitch

stevet8754

Reaction score
I noticed lately that if I start up Pandora or winamp on my RAZR maxx it shows as its playing but no sound will come out. I have to go into settings.. sounds... volumes... and tap the volume on one of the different volumes and make it play my ring tone or a notification sound , and then my cell remembers that the volume is in and plays the music normal. It only seems to be a problem with the music. My phone calls and text notifications seem to be fine..

Anyone else see this issue on their RAZR maxx??.

vance1980

Reaction score
Yes! Rarely but its happened i would say five times in a year. Does this work for you when you go to the settings? I usually just restart it to fix it.

metalhead

Reaction score
I've noticed a sound glitch when I use an audio recording app. Sometimes I get sound and sometimes I don't. If I power the Maxx off and back on it usually fixes it for the moment. Drives me crazy! Wish I knew a fix!

dmatre

Reaction score
Mine did this for the first time the other day with Slacker. I started Slacker and no sound from the external speaker. I plugged in a cable to the 3.5mm jack to connect to my car stereo and it played fine, then when I unplugged the cable the external speaker was working again.

Danny123

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time. Messing around with the different volume settings doesn't seem to do anything for me. The only failsafe method for me to restore the sounds is by making a phone call and going into speakerphone mode. All of a sudden it seems to "wake up" and turn the sound back on.

hobby31

Reaction score
Happens with me too. Youtube, videos, etc... A reboot usuall fixes it. I think it's a known bug.

amy335

Reaction score
I have been having this problem with YouTube videos. I haven't tried what you guys have, except rebooting & by that I mean turning my phone off then turning it on again. Fast reboot doesn't seem to ever fix this problem. I may try some of the other things you're doing-at least it'll be faster that what I'm currently doing.
Does anyone know if there is a "fix" for this, now or expected?::angry:

mike5529

Reaction score
I have had the same trouble SEVERAL times. Sometimes if I have my ear buds close by I will plug them in and unplug then it is fine other times I have to report. Would love to know if there is a fix.:frown:

dickwatson

Reaction score
Happens to me a lot on my Droid Bionic

I went to the Verizon store. The Rep told me it happens on his Razr. He said to plug in head phones or an HD cable and it cures the problem. I said what if I am where I don't have a cord. He said just power down and back on (no need to pull the battery)
When it happens to me it is everything that uses the Speaker, Pandora, Slacker, you tube, mp3 stored in my phone. I can tell when it happens by placing a speaker phone call, I don't hear the button tones. I was on a very important call on speaker so my wife could be in on it. The speaker stopped. They could hear us but no sound on our part. He had to call us back on my wife's iPhone. One time it was off so I turned on every sound I could think of, my music, slacker, Pandora etc. No sound, then I got an incoming email and the notification tone "woke it up" Then I had all that stuff playing at once

The Verizon rep said that they know about it and to expect a fix at some point.