Sound customization: am I missing somthing? Phone ring, all else off?

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
On everyother phone I have ever had there was a setting for have phone ring, all other things silent (or vibrate). My new X just wont shut up ;^)

I can either Silence everything, including phone ring, or have it all on. SURELY Im missing something.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I havent been "stock" in so long, but you should be able to go: Hard Menu Button ---> Settings ---> Sound ---> Volume --->Once here, select the Media and Alarm sliders and slide them left all the way, then select the Ringtone slider and slide it all the way right. This should silence everything but the phone ringing for a call.

If this doesnt do what you want, then I recommend going to the Market and downloading ---> Quick Settings <---, this app will allow you to adjust multiple call settings as far as volume is concerned...

OP
A

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
Thanks BodyBagz

That may be a greta, and deceptively simple solution. Coing off a Blackberry Sound Setting were just so much easier and inuttitive with a "No sound" option in both the Phone Ringtones, Messaging, and Email categories.

Will defintely chekc out Quick Settings as well!

Beka27

Reaction score
Timeriffic is an app you can use to customize when the phone has sound and which notifications are on.

I use the "facebook pop" sound for some of my notifications. It's just a quick, barely audible little "pop"...